Prologue: Welcome to UA High

Warning: Strong language ahead. 

(Because I like to swear) 

--- --- --

"I don't understand why you agreed to bring me here, Nezu. This is just a waste of time for both you and me. Why not just call this whole thing off?" You ask nonchalantly, folding your arms across your chest in boredom, "I don't know about you, but that sounds like a win-win situation to me!" 

Your attention remains focused on the broad window, expecting some form of a blunt reply from the man. (Mouse? Mole? Idek) 

From where his office was located, it gave you a nice bird's eye view of the school entrance. This was perfect for you, since you were hella bored from waiting on all of your paperwork to be completely filled out and stamped. You feign interest as you watch the incoming students slowly file their way in to the magnificent building. Hell, this was honestly boring too, but at least you were able to witness a small fight that was going on near the front of the school: A rampaging blond shooting angry sparks of fire to get past a freckled boy. Poor kid.

Well, of course, this was better to watch compared to watching him do-

Silence. 

Wait. Why did it get so quiet?

The sound of pen on paper has stopped. You lazily un-focus your eyes before the glass pane, allowing you look at the reflection of what was going on behind you. You notice his gaze looking directly into yours.

Oh boy, how long has he been staring like that?

"There's nothing to worry about, (Y/N)-san. I can promise you that the students in class 1-A are an accepting bunch of students. You'll fit in with them in no time!" He chuckles lightly, shuffling the stack of paperwork together.

You laugh at his comment. "I don't need to fit in with them. I'm completely competent on my own!" You turn around to stare dead straight at Nezu's smiling face before continuing your spiel, "I just don't understand why you would invite a villain like me into a school of heroes ... just ... what the fuck are you trying to pull here, Nezu?"

"Mr. Principal," he corrects you quickly, "and nothing at all, (Y/N)-san. Don't worry, I can promise you that there's no tricks or anything of that sort. I just think that there's something about you ... hope, if you will. Maybe you can make some friends along the way and who knows, maybe you will chang-"

"Once a villain will always remain a villain, Nezu. That's common sense! I came here because my father made me; he said it's better than going to fucking prison, but I beg to differ. I'm not here to make some stupid, hero friends!" You scoff in a 'matter-of-a-fact' tone, slowly making your way towards his desk. 

You pull up a nearby chair towards the desk, plopping down and reaching out to take a closer look at the documents. "Are we done here? Can I go now?"

"As soon as I go over the rules with you once again!" Nezu replies with an enthusiastic cheer. You unconsciously click your tongue, annoyed at how unfazed the principal was from your little taunts and gestures. A groan sounds out as you watch his little paw move a sheet of paper towards you.

"You heroes and your unnecessary rules," you sigh, rolling your eyes in disbelief. There was no attempt in hiding your clear distress to his actions. "I already read over it.  We don't need to-"

"Just following the protocols, (Y/n)-san."

Reluctantly, you let out a loud sigh as you throw your head back against the chair as a sign for him to proceed.

"Rule 1, you have to attend the school for the elaborated period - in this case, a week. Rule 2, no use of quirk unless one of our staff permits it and is present to supervise it for the entire duration of the usage. And finally, rule 3, under no circumstances are you allowed to - "

"Injure any of your little hero students and staff," you finish for him as you push yourself back up from your slouched position. "I know, Nezu. I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid! I'm not going to start a fight in the middle of a school full of pro heroes - that's basically suicidal. Are we done here now?"

Nezu laughs, standing up to hand you your new hero ID card. "Welcome to UA High."

You ignore the handshake that came after it, just taking the card and tucking it deep into one of your pockets. Without another word, you exhaustively pull yourself up to exit his office.

Before you were even able to make it to the door, the principal shouts back to you. "Don't forget to leave your weapons behind - including the one strapped behind your back. I'll give them all back to you by the end of the week."

Goddamn.

—- —- —-

Going into 1-A like: 

Thanks for somehow finding me (how'd you even find me) and stopping by~

Feel free to comment, pm, follow and vote!