9: Interesting

Warning: Strong language ahead

-- --- ----

Blobs of black and grey smothers your view like some old 90s film. Ashes? In the corner of your eyes, you could make out a patch of white lilies blooming radiantly by the red lake. 'Wake up.' 

"There you fucking are."

A figure walks up to you, cradling your charred body in hopes of reviving you back to life. Your surrounding is now painted in a shade of velvet red, obstructing your view to blurry blotches. You lay there, trying desperately to reach out to the voice, only to see your hand now fading into a stream of white smoke. 'Don't you dare leave me.' 

"OI, WAKE UP!" Bakugou yanks your earphones out of your ears violently. By impulse, you jolt straight up, accidentally slamming your head roughly against his. 

The both of you release a painful animal screech of some sort from the sudden impact. 

"WHAT THE FUCK, BAKUGOU?" You wince irately at the blonde, "WHAT GIVES? COULDN'T YOU SEE THAT I WAS HAVING A PEACEFUL NAP?" 

"DIDN'T SOUND LIKE A FUCKING PEACEFUL ONE. YOU WERE MUTTERING LIKE A MANIAC!" He retorts back. His hand remains glued to the area of where you both had collided with one another. 

You sigh at his comment, mumbling a little apology before laying back down on the concrete floor. As you were about to close your eyes, you feel an object fall gently on top of your stomach. 

"What's this?" You look up at Bakugou, holding the wrapped sandwich in your hand.

"What does it look like?" He rolls his eye as he unwraps his own food, "it's a fucking sandwich." 

"Thanks Captain Obvious!" You sigh irately as you raise your body up to meet his eyes, "I mean, why are you giving me this? Did you do something to it?" 

"If you don't fucking want it, I'll take it back." 

Before he could reach for it, you quickly unwrap the edible and stuff a big mouthful into your mouth.  "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger, right? I never reject free food - even if you poisoned it."You swallow before smiling again, "thanks Bakugou!" 

The conversation quickly dies down as the two of you eats silently on the rooftop. Your gaze somehow falls away from the clear scenery and onto Bakugou's chest. 

"What? Want to see me shirtless again?" He smirks when he catches where your eyes were gazing. 

You stare at him for a couple of seconds dumbfound. That's when you realize that you were staring at his chest for god knows how long. You quickly recover, hiding your blush with a smirk as you shrug back, "that depends on your next answer. How is your injury?"

"For the millionth time, I told you that I'm fine," he exhales in annoyance.

"And for the millionth time, I'm telling you that I'm just making sure," you laugh as you finish the last of your sandwich, dusting the crumbs off of your fingers. "To be honest, I wasn't sure if I applied the right cream on your wounds, or the new poison my father made. Guess it all worked out at the end."

When you look up, you could see Bakugou shoot you a look of terror and anger. You let out another laugh as you wave your hand in front of your face. "I'm just joking... we stopped making poison ages ago."

He eyes you suspiciously. "Bitch, I swear if-"

"Who knows, I did tell you before - to never trust a villain. Your choice to believe what you want to believe!" You shrug playfully, "I'm bored, let's change topics now! Why are you up here? Is school over?"

 "It's lunch, fuck-ass. If you were attending class you would know." 

"Contract said I had to be in school - nothing about attending classes. I've already argued my case to Nezu!" You lay your back down on the concrete, resting your head on your arm as you turn slightly towards Bakugou. "So? How did you know I was on the roof? I don't recall telling you my location."

"I- uh-"

"Were you looking for me? That's so cute, Bakugou!" You laugh as you place your free hand over your eyes to feign a typical fan-girl swooning reaction. 

Suddenly, he pulls your hand away from your face. Your eyes locks to his as he continues to talk with a silent blush. "So what if I was?"

The both of you stay quiet for a while, waiting for each other's reactions. As the seconds pass by, you could feel your face also becoming a blossoming red.  

"Say something," Bakugou breaks the silence. You reluctantly sit yourself back up to face him. His eyes still stares directly into yours and has yet to falter. 

"Bakugou..." you start, pulling your hand away from his grasp. "I'm really not sure if you're being serious right now. What are you-"

"I don't fucking know either. Ever since you... came here, it's just...fucking hell for me." He sits up with his back against the wall, quietly raking his hair in agony. Through his blond bangs, you could see his ember eyes peering quietly at you. "What about you? ...You...about me...right?" 

You stare at him, processing his words. "We can't," you shake your head with eyes still wide from the shock of his words. He understands exactly what you mean. You are a villain and he is going to be a pro hero someday. It will never last. 

Bakugou turns to look at you. "Two days," he whispers.

"What?" You turn to look at him. 

"Just two days, while this hero shit is still in effect," Bakugou smiles to himself, "I'll make sure that you say admit your feelings to me. I'll make sure that you say those three stupid words to me before this whole thing is over." 

You let out a chuckle at his efforts. "That makes you sound so fucking desperate." 

"Fucking desperate for you," he scoffs, making himself cringe. 

You laugh even louder now. "I think you've been around me too much. A typical Bakugou retort would be 'shut your fucking a-hole' or something childish like that." 

"Fuck off," he closes his eyes in contempt. 

"Thereeee you go. That's the Bakugou I know!" You laugh as you shift your body back against the wall as well. 

As the both of you watch the sky revolve around in silence, you slowly intertwine one of your hand with Bakugou's. From the corner of your eyes, you could see his head turn towards you. You just let out a little smile, not bothering to turn to face him. 

"Well, it does sound a little interesting." 

--- --- ---

Going from 1 to 100 real quick. I forgot to censor hand holding. My bad, y'all. 

Feel free to comment, pm, follow and vote!