17: Talk

Warning: Strong language ahead. 

--- --- ---

"Thanks for walking me home, Katsuki!" You smile, leaning in to give him a kiss. 

He, of course, gladly returns the gesture back, holding you in his arms for a while longer. His spiky, chlorine hair tickles your nose, making you squirm your way out of his grasp. 

Your boyfriend laughs, crossing his arms as he stares at you. "Hurry and go inside before you get your sorry ass sick." 

"I'm fucking strong, bitch. Getting sick is for the weak-"

Katsuki flicks your forehead, causing you to whimper slightly. "Just shut up and go in." 

"Fine!" You walk towards your front door, hand on the knob. You turn back around to find Bakugou staring right at you. "I'm going in now, you big goof. Now go home. Shoo." 

"Yeah, yeah," he waves lightly before stuffing his hands into his pockets. "I'll go, I'll go. Goodnight, babe!" 

"Night!"

When he was out of sight, you release the grip on your doorknob. Instead of stepping inside your home, you retrace the path the both of you took a few minutes earlier. You walk a few houses down the road, stopping right before the alleyway. 

"I know you're fucking there, M!" You yell down the dark path. "You have a way to pollute the air!" The sound of metal cans ringing hard on the concrete floor accompanies along the sound of his familiar, low laughter. 

As M steps into the streetlights, he raises both his hands up high in feign defense. "Your ability to sense people amazes me every time, my little puppy."

"The fuck do you want?" You glare at him

His laugh turns more rough and hysterical as he sits himself on the nearby metal trash can. "I'm hurt, (Y/N)! Is this how you treat your longtime buddy? Your partner in crime?" 

"You mean the buddy who made fun of me and my boyfriend?"

He pauses to stare at you before going back to his laughing fit. "So you really are dating that stupid hero kid, huh? That's the funniest shit I've heard in a long time. How well is he paying you?"

"If that's all you want to say, then I'm going to leave now."

"Ahh, I even went to say hi to your old man a few days back just to confirm it!" M sighs, heaving himself off of his makeshift seat and hooking an arm around your shoulders. "I just thought you - of all people - would understand that villains and heroes can't be together." 

You raise an eyebrow at him. 

"I mean, after what happened to Syth and Ciana?" He snickers, moving closer to your ear. "After what happened to your mother and father?"