7: Chicken

Warning: Strong language ahead

--- --- ---

"And that's how you got this fucking injured? Are you insane? I leave you for 3 days and you give me this shit to deal with! You have my fire quirk, for fucks sake. A little flame wouldn't hurt anyone! You could've gotten away with all your limbs still usable!" Your father scolds you as he re-bandages your days old scar.

"I can't, dad. Contract policies! The contract that technically got me into, might I add!" You shrug up at him innocently, "a couple more days though, and then I'll be a free man!"

"Since when did you care about policies? Are you finally over your rebellious stage? Did you decide to turn all 'ms.goody-two-shoes' on me now? CAUSE IT'S ABOUT GODDAMN TIME."

You laugh at his remarks placing a hand to your chest sarcastically as if you took offense to his absurd comment. "I have no idea what you're talking about; I've always been a good kid."

Your father was clearly done with your crap, giving you the blankest 'uh-huh' as he throws his supplies back into the infirmary box. 

What can you say? Father knows best. This was the kind of relationship the two of you had.

Ever since your parents had you at an early age - at 17, your father would say- they were both exiled from their family households, forcing them to support you and themselves all on their own.

Initially, your father was the one who would work countless hours of various jobs in order to support the entire family alone. Eventually, he had to turn and do more secretive and dangerous tasks in order to give you a more comfortable and sustainable childhood.

With the arise of the new generations with diverse quirks, your father found it more difficult to complete the tasks without getting seriously injured. You took it upon yourself to grow up quicker and stronger in order to help complete those assignments.

Throughout the years, he eventually allowed you to handle harder jobs, while he moved on to do the more medically challenged ones. This led him to become a fairly well-known underground doctor throughout the dark community. With more clients seeing him, you were also able to have a steady flow of work. In addition, you were able to get free and effective medical treatment, so that's always a plus! 

"Guess we should cancel on the next few jobs for a whi-"

"I can still fight, dad!" You object, posing as confidently as you could. "I still have my prominent arm to use, and I can move the other one if I have to too - see, it doesn't even hurt! And if all else fails, I'll just use my quirk and go bananas!" 

Your father stares at you in disbelief, "(Y/N)-"

"Speaking of jobs, I have to finish one by today. I better get on it before it gets too dark!" You wink at him, bolting straight to the front doors to avoid his torturous lectures.

"This is EXACTLY why I didn't want to have children!" Your father throws his hands high up in the air to signal defeat before continuing. "You got my hell sent genes and now you're as reckless as I was - if not more! But NOOO, your mother just had to insist on not using a cond-"

"IT'S JUST DELIVERY, DAD! To Kurogiri! I got the photos that he wanted printed out."

As you were about to exit the door, you turn back around to face your father. "I thought you said I was planned."

"FINE! Go! JUST. GO. But this is the last one until you're fully healed!" Your dad shouts back at you, ignoring your latter comment.

-