21: Again

Warning: Strong language ahead.
--- --- ---

"Oh, this is lovely!" You feign a smile as you stare at the structure before you. The warehouse where you were told to meet stands tall and strong despite the vigorous cracks and graffiti scribbled all around it. Cobwebs and small insects nests randomly around the pillars of broken stones and concrete.

"Stop wimping out!" Katsuki sneaks his hand around your waist, pulling you close to his torso. "This is a nice fucking chance to kick some stupid extra's butt!"

You laugh, staring up at the boy. "What's with you and kicking people's butt?"

"I can't help it, babe!" Katsuki looks straight ahead with a dark smirk. "You know that I'm just the fucking best-"

"Nope! Not at all!" You smile, making him glare at you in confusion. You wrap your arms around his neck, pulling him in for a quick kiss. "We all know that I'm the fucking best, so I guess that makes you the second best."

A smirk graces his face, holding you tighter in his arms. "Fuck that bullshi-"

You quickly cut him off with another kiss before giggling and escaping his grasp. "It's not bullshit if it's true."

As an attempt to avoid his loud retort, you jog into the open warehouse and hide behind a tall, fallen column like a giggling child. When you didn't see him by the door for a while, you peer out from your makeshift hiding place a bit confused and worried. Before you were able to set out and look for him, a grasp pulls you in to land on a familiar chest.

"My god, you're such a dick!" You smile up at Katsuki. "I was worried there for a second."

He laughs, hugging you tighter. "Worried for what? That I'm not there to protect you?"

You flick his nose with a smirk. "No, worried that you're going to do something stupid and then I would have to save your sorry ass from god knows what."

"Fucking annoying, aren't you?" He leans his head against yours.

"Touche."

Just before you were about to kiss him, you sense the sudden presence of another figure; a blood lust presence. You tilt your head away from him and towards the door curiously, squinting about to see if you were imagining it.

Not surprisingly, Katsuki becomes curious of your actions, lifting your chin back up to face him. "Are you trying to scare me? That doesn't work on a great hero like me."

You let out a small grin, averting your eyes waveringly back at the door. "I don't know Katsuki, you are- WATCH OUT!"

A yelp erupts from the both of you as you push him down with you onto the hard, concrete ground. Katsuki grumbles underneath you, eyeing you angrily. You let out a nervous giggle, unsure of how to explain yourself.

That is until you both see a small ember flame fall softly down before your faces. As it touches the floor, you both stare at each in confusion.

"When did you use your quir-"

"It's not me.. I thought it was you..."

The loud slam of the door jolts the two of you, staring at each other in further confusion.

Just as you were about to stand up, you see another ball of fire heading straight towards you. Instinctively, Katsuki pulls you back down beside him, helping you dodge the intense heat thrown against you.

The two of you quickly scramble behind the cracked pillar, calming down your heart rate and catching your breaths. You peer discretely against it, eyeing the hooded figure making it's way towards the pillar.