Archangel Chapter 22

"We have been in this stupid mall for over 3 hours! Please just pick a dress and move on with it!" 

I slurped on my drink as me and Sam sat in the food court at the mall. It was actually more than two hours but, i wouldn't want to say that to Sam. 

"It's easier said than done! You're lucky you already found a dress, with shoes and matching jewelry!" I said taking the straw out of my mouth

"I have good luck, which you apparently don't" She said munching on her cupcake,

I rolled my eyes, and continued to drink my Dr. Pepper. 

When i went to Jose's house yesterday i found Sam and him were actually watching t.v. Together. Without fighting. Or verbal insults.

It was very awkward, bu that all cleared up when i got there. 

Apparently Sam lost a bet to Jose and had to stay quiet the whole day. Knowing Sam she doesn't go back on her word. 

Without her talking, i told Sam about the party and how she was invited to come with me. She was as surprised as much as i was, and agreed to come. Jose was already invited from his father who was the Mayor who would of course be invited. 

We agreed to come to the mall after school today and have been here ever since. Jose said he'd meet us after practice. 

"Where is that dimwit," Sam said her mouth full of red velvet cupcake

"I don't know, he was suppose to be here." i mumbled looking down at my phone

"Maybe if were lucky he got ran over," She said swallowing

"You're not that lucky, Sammy." 

I looked up and saw Jose behind Sam smiling down at her, 

She turned to look at him, "Damn, and i thought the world would be at peace at last." 

Jose rolled his eyes, and sat down in a chair next to me "So hows the dress hunting."

I groaned and dropped my head to the table, "Sam got everything, but i still can't find a dress!" 

"Ooh, that sucks. To be out shinned by someone not so bright." Jose teased

Sam picked up her plastic fork and threw it at him, "Shut it Cruz,"

"OKay i'm here now so let go try again okay?" Jose said getting up

I nodded my head as i lifted it up and Sam just shrugged

So the three of us went to every store available that sold formal occasion dresses. 

Even with Jose's weird but helpful talent of pickingg out nice clothes it didn't help. 

"I'm never going to find my dress!" i screamed throwing myself to a pillar and hugging it

"Alex, stop it your embarrassing yourself!" Jose whispered looking around at the people who were staring.

"It's okay Alex!! YOU CAN DO IT!!" Sam yelled hugging the same pillar too crying like me. 

"Will the both of you quit it!" Jose hissed grabbing on to our upper arm and pulling us away from the pillar. 

Sam yanked her arm away from Jose and stood next to us as Jose still held on to my arm

"Lets try again tomorrow okay? I have to go home and babysit Kayla" He said sighing shoving his hand in his pockets.

"Yea it's okay, i'll find it tomorrow i guess." I said depressed

"Sam you coming?" Jose said,