Spider-Man help up his hands, “Okay, okay,” He handed the glasses back. Caelum took them and left immediately, not giving another word to the vigilante. This was exactly why Caelum didn’t waste his time trying to fight crime at night ― it was stupid and ridiculous.

Spider-Man, however, didn’t have any qualms with this. In fact, he strolled right up to Caelum and began to walk beside him. Caelum inhaled, and then exhaled, “What do you want?”

“Well. . .” Spider-Man said, holding out the end of the sentence. “Since you’re so adamant on wearing those things, I thought you’d need a buddy to guide you.” Caelum could hear the annoying smile in his voice. “Just in case you get hit by a truck.”

“Are you planning on hitting me with a truck?” Caelum deadpanned, and Spider-Man shook his head.

No! I just. . .” He rubbed the back of his masked head. “I wanted to make sure you’re alright.”

“I’m not some little old lady who needs help carrying groceries,” Caelum snapped. “I’m not someone you can just go ‘check’ off your ‘Goodie-Two-Shoes’ list. You can leave me alone ― I don’t want you here.”

Cael,” Spider-Man sighed, and Caelum looked at him.

“How do you know my name?” He demanded, angrily.

Spider-Man stopped, “I―uh―” Caelum sneered at the boy, yanking his hand away.

“I knew something was off,” He snapped, “Have you been stalking me?”

“No, I–I just―!”

“Were you trying to see where I lived?” Caelum snapped, ready to run away.

“Peter told me,” Spider-Man said, and Caelum stopped, staring at the boy. His heart twisted at the name.

Peter? Peter Parker?” Spider-Man nodded. “How. . . why would Peter put you up to this?”

“He. . . he said he was worried about you,” Spider-Man rubbed the back of his neck again. “He said you might be in trouble and. . . he asked me to keep an eye out.” Caelum frowned, annoyed. He didn’t need a babysitter.

“You can tell Peter that I don’t need him to keep an eye out for me,” Caelum said coldly. “And, I don’t need a babysitter. I’m fine on my own. If he wants to talk to me, he can come do it himself. In fact,” Caelum gave a heartless laugh. “He can come explain why the hell he snitched on my dad! Because I sure don’t know!” The anger seemed to bubble over like a pot, and he couldn’t stop the explosion. “Thought I could trust him, but looks likes he’s just as much of an asshole as everyone else is in my godforsaken life.” Caelum glared at Spider-Man, who looked almost stunned into silence. Caelum couldn’t tell much with his face covered. “You can tell ‘Peter’ that if he wants to talk to me, he can come talk. But if he wants to talk, he better be ready to explain some shit.”

Caelum―”

“Get away from me,” Caelum snapped, and turned. He left, and this time, Spider-Man stayed behind.

° · ° · ° · °

For some reason, the bar was especially crowded that night. Caelum worked nonstop, despite his bruised ribs, and made sure everything was clean while customers came in and out. Mr. Hills was busy getting drinks done, and the patrons of the bar were making a mess as they went along. Caelum had to possess three people in order to break up a fight at one point, inhabiting their bodies until they collapse. Since they had usually been very drunk at the time, nobody questioned it.