New Chapter

5 years after...

"Akaashi-san, patient 432-B is already prepared for the surgery. After that patient 375-C will be CT scanned in the afternoon."

"Okay"

"Akaashi-san, why are you doing all of these on weekdays?"

"A date, I guess?"

Levi-san arrived, patted my head and smiled happily.

"I'll let you off with this one since Bokuto-kun was forcing me."

"Thanks Levi-san"

I went to the surgery room and conducted a surgery on one of the patients here in the hospital.

Me and Bokuto-san were promoted to be a doctor here in Tokyo Medical Hospital. Levi-san is now the president and he recommended us for faster promotion.

I live on the dorm here in the hospital because I'm almost 24 hours on shift. I'm specifically a surgeon while Bokuto-san takes good care of people who are in a coma. So he's more like a neurologist. We specialize on different fields that's why there's a little chance for us to meet here in the hospital.

I remove my lab coat and put in on one of the lockers here in the dorm.

Every room in here has two beds. I share the same room with Bokuto-san but we barely meet everyday because of our tight schedule.

I took a quick shower and wore casual clothes. I was about to lie on my bed but I notice a note under my book on the table.

"Akaaasssshhhiiii~~~!!! I'm sorry! I'll do overtime tonight until dawn so please sleep early without me. Sleep tight and good night! I love you~! -Bokuto"

"That's weird. He haven't slept yesterday until now. How can he work well without sleeping?"

I lie on my bed and looked up at the ceiling

"Cheating? Hmmm..."

I grab my coat and went to a convenience store near the hospital to grab dinner. I was about to choose what to eat but then I heard someone gossiping.

"Hey, have you saw the doctor earlier?"

"Who? Bokuto-san?"

The moment I heard them say his name, I froze.

"Yeah him. Isn't he handsome? He's so cool, right?"

He's handsome but childish.

"He's working well too!"

He's a hardworker but with a little patience.

"He's close to kids too!"

Well, it's true. Hotaro is so fond of him.

"Don't you think he has a girlfriend?"

Correction. Boyfriend.

"Dunno. He can be a good husband, right?"

"Yeah you're right. He can be a good father with his children. I saw him looking happily while playing with the other kids on the infirmary this morning!"

I accidentally drop the bento that I was holding after hearing these stories from the girls. I hurriedly put it back on the shelves and bought an energy drink instead. I drank it all at once and harshly throw it on the trashcan. I went back on to the dorm and lie on my bed again.

"Will he be happy.... with me?"

December 5
6:13 AM
Saturday

I slowly open my eyes and saw Bokuto-san staring at me.