Last Words

Is this the end? After all the sacrifices they gave, is this what they get? Tears fell down on my cheeks as I read the last sentence that Akaashi wrote. I clenched on my fist causing the paper to crumple.

"Kuroo, you haven't slept for days already. You need to take a rest." Kenma said with a worried face.

"I'm fine" I plainly said.

"You need to atleast eat! Look at yourself!"

"HOW THE HELL WILL I HAVE THE COURAGE TO REST AND THE APPETITE TO EAT KNOWING THAT BOTH OF MY FRIENDS AR---"

Kenma held my hand and hugged me so tight. I knew he was crying too because of the tears falling down on my shirt.

"I know. Just please calm down and take a rest. It's been a month already."

Kenma guided me on our room and laid a blanket on me. I know I've cried so much to the point of there are no tears falling down from my eyes. I looked up to Kenma seeing him staring at me. He's thinner and more pale compared before. He looks so worried and I know everything is all my fault.

Kenma patted my head making me sleepy. Damn.... since when have I slept on this bed...

I slowly pulled the paper that Kuroo was holding. He's been reading it for a whole month now. The paper is messy, crumpled and wet cause tears.

I hate reading this. This paper that was supposed to be given to Bokuto that was written by Akaashi. The last words that was meant to be said by Akaashi....

Bokuto-san,

The first time I saw you, the truth is, I was amazed how a person can be so much alike with an animal. You really looked like an owl for me. You're not good persuading people and your attitude sucks. But what suprised me most were the words you spoke to me. You said "I believed in you" that time. But the hell was wrong with you giving me difficult exercises and workouts everyday. I really did want to quit the club but you didn't let me go. Your attitude changed on that time and you were really kind to me. Everyone feels you are perfect but I was confused on what they like about you. I know you're good in volleyball but you're a guy with childish attitude. I don't know the reason why I like you. Let me rephrase that. I don't know the reason why I love you. Maybe because you're cool, good in sports, reliable I guess and also your childish attitude. I realized that I want to take care of you and to be honest I want you to be childish and I want to be the mature one lecturing you over and over. It was a cruel destiny for the both of us, right? Knowing we were involved on the same car accident and our parents died. I was dumbfounded too but what will I do? You're the only one I have. My heart broke into pieces seeing you changing a lot each day. You act like you didn't know me and ignored me like a trash. I was giving up already. But thanks to Kuroo and Kenma for supporting me and guiding me. It was all thanks to them. But I guess, real life is not a fairytale where happy endings exist. I regret that I didn't do my best to bring you back. I know this kinda too lqte to say but I know that you will be happier without me. I hope you'll have a good life and meet new people. I know that you're turning kind towards other people these past few days. I do hope that you'll find another person that will love you more than I do. I know that, that person will cook delicious food, can control you when you're in dejected mode more than I do. I know that you'll be happier with someone else more than you were with me. That's why always remember that leaving you was the best option I thought. I know you'll feel relieved and be happier on your life. So please live your life with no regrets and be happy. I love you and Goodbye.

-Akaashi

Tears fell down on my cheeks. This is the main reason why I hate reading this. It just brings back the memories. Their happy and sad memories together.

I packed my things and looked at Kuroo. Seeing him crying while sleeping breaks my heart. Why does he needs to suffer so much?

I hurriedly went on where the both of them are. Seeing them lying next to each other.....

..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........

Akaashi, Bokuto please wake up.