Chapter 27 | ENTWINED BIPOLAR

Not again, I know today's Monday not Sunday. I was actually having difficulties with my network yesterday so, I couldn't publish. Forgiven?

Laughter is the sunbeam of the soul.

Thomas Mann

☆☆☆

"I'm sorry Labiba" Lina's voice sounded pathetic to the other side as her hand clenched the phone tightly against her ear.

She hated herself for being such a coward. She shouldn't have shouted like that at Labiba the other day. Labiba was more or less a mother figure to Lina's life, she looked up at her and follow her footsteps.

Being Labiba the one she is, she never get tired of Lina's little tantrums. Whenever they had a fight even when they were kids, she'll give Lina the space she needed before later on they'll apologise to each other.

She heaved a sigh before she replies her, "It's okay Lina since you've fathom your mistake," Labiba stated "How are you doing?" She asked changing the tensed atmosphere surrounding them.

Lina groaned internally. She's tired of being questioned that same question and she's also tired of lying to them. She can't just say she's living miserably. She won't expose her marital problems just so soon. They can amend it some time soon, she wish. That's what she promised Ms Rayn before they departed, that she'll try to amend her problems alone.

"Alhamdulillah" she stated in a husky tone. Labiba could sense something beneath that Alhamdulillah but she couldn't fathom it. She couldn't differentiate whether it's happiness, sadness, anxiety or panic. But nevertheless she let Lina be. She know that some other day she'll clearly say it out to her.

"How's Ms Amrah?" She asked back after an amount of silence.

"Ya Allah!" Labiba sighed. "She isn't reacting to the treatments Lina," she said panicking. "her brain is bleeding. The doctors think she's slowly getting into a coma. And up till now we haven't found any close relative of her's. I'm totally confused about her situation."

A tear cascaded down from Lina's dark eyes. She closed her eyes tightly as her lashes blanketed her orbs. The feeling of the warm moisture on her skin was what she wanted. She wanted even more but it's like her tears are coming to an end. Do tears really finish? Well Lina's are about to.

All she wanted is to just fly back to Canada, run to the hospital and find ways in saving Ms Amrah. She isn't a doctor, to say the least, she has no idea about medicines talk less of treatment but she felt the urge to take care of Ms Amrah. Saving her poor Soul.

Those kind of wholehearted people didn't deserve such a blasting and dreading turn of life. She helped whoever she could, she cheered whoever she thought needed to be. Even though it was her job, she sacrificed her time to take care of Ms Maria.

She has to be taken care off too. She needed love and affection. She needed to be supported so as to make it. "Who's staying with her at the hospital?" She asked as another warm moisture travelled down her face.

"I stay with her during the day whilst Ms Rayn stays with her over the night. Since after the accident she hasn't been up. The doctors said she'll wake up anytime soon but I just don't agree with them. All my hopes have vanish to thin air when the doctor told me she might get into a comma."

"Oh Labiba you shouldn't lose hope. Let the doctors do their work. She need our prayers the most. We have to submit everything to the hands of Ar-Rahman, just pray for her Labiba."

Despite she's consoling Labiba, that didn't meant she's okay. She's still suffering internally. The three days remaining for her to fly back to Toronto seems so dreading. The three days remaining seems too long for Lina to endure it coming to an end - long in it's terrible and undying silence and torture.