Chapter 8 | YOU GOT MY BACK KID!

Stop acting so small. You're the universe in ecstatic motion.

Rumi

☆☆☆

"Ayoub come here at this instance!" Labiba shouted at the top of her lungs running after her three year old boy who has been refusing his shower for the past twenty minutes.

"NO..NO... NO!" He screamed, hiding in his room. "NO!" He shouted out.

"Ayoub don't let me reach you if not.."

"I want Khaltu Linaaa" he cut her off piercing a loud scream.

Labiba came out from her room to the main parlour searching for him "AYOUB!" she exclaimed putting a hand on her hip as she entered his room just to find him under his bed.

But with the sight, Labiba had to suppress a smile as his small blue eyes which resembled that of his father were bulging out, stucking his head from under the bed.

"Get here sweetheart." She sat down beside his bed taking his hands in her's.

"Khaltu Lina!" He grumbled.

"Oh my dear. We are going to their home but only if you let me bathe you at this instance."

"We are going?" He asked, his eyes liting up with a huge grin showing his milk teeth.

"Yes my dear."

"YEEEESSSSSSS!" He shrieked coming out from under the bed. "I'll see Khaltu."

"Ouch dear, don't spoil my eardrums! Do you want your mummy to go deaf?"

"No Mama." He pouted.

Labiba smiled at his childish action before she carried him into her waist, descending the two steps into his bathroom.

"Where are the drums?" He asked her his face liting up again.

"Which drums?"

"You said I'm spoiling your...your eye drums? Eyes? Yes." He shrieked again and Labiba burst into a fit of laughter, titling her head to the side. Once inside the bathroom, she plopped him into his bathing tube as she sat beside him laughing.

"What?" He scowled, narrowing his eyes at her accusing.

"Oh my Allah Ayoub! It's not eye drum, it's eardrums." She spoke in between laughter but he stared at her confused not seeming to understand what she's saying.

"Can I play the drums?" He jolted to another part.

"Ayoub we don't have drums here."

"Nooooooooo! Khaltu Lina have drums." He shouted again almost tumbling in his tube.

"Really?" She questioned in confusion. She never knew Lina could play drums talk less of earning one.

"Yes mama!"

"OK Ok she'll give it to you when we reach their home she said raising her hands in submission. "Can I have peace for now?" She asked as she pour some strand of water on his skin and he gave a shriek of laughter.

Back to square one!

☆☆☆

"I don't want this." He shouted declining the thirteenth shirt Labiba had ashowed him.

"What do you want my love?" She huffed slightly rolling her eyes, even before the day starts she's already tired with Ayoub's ranting. She wonders from where Ayoub got such behaviour because both she and Looth aren't a talkative type.

Heredity from Aunty to nephew, definitely!

"Do you want me to empty your closet just for you to choose a shirt?" She asked him seeming tired.