Chapter 20 | MEETING 'HIS' FAMILY

It's better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Maurice Switzer

☆☆☆

She gawk at his back as he shuts the corridor's door. She reluctantly made her way back to the settee and sit beside her luggage. The world seems like a complete mess to her. She can't think properly nor make decisions out of her problems.

Life is always accompanied with the two most unpredictable moments; happiness and sadness. What she feels in her heart is too far away described as sadness. It's a kinda mixtures of sadness, emptiness, regret, broken-heartedness, grief that deprives her from her happiness.

An emotional tear slide down her chin to her hijab, a tear full of sourness and bitterness. Her life has already take a drastic turn in a day, a turn to an undesirable and unneeded days afar.

The last thing she wanted was to run away from her new home, family and all other souls that change her life into a living hell and live far away from everyone, either family or stranger. But all she knows for now is that a step outside the house will only worsen her case and even at large her own dearest life.

She sniffle into her hijab as she carrys her luggage and purse towards her room. She tried as much as she can to hold back her tears that threatens to fall. She wouldn't want to be so fragile and vulnerable in front of him.

She turns the door knob to her room but suddenly she felt a sharp pain crosses through her features as she closes her eyes in pain. Her vision became blurry than before as tears have already soak her scarf.

His sharp and aggressive hand remained like a statue on her wrist that has already turned dark purple bruised. She winces as she trys to let go of her hand but the more she trys to escape the more he deepens the grip and the more she's being hurt.

"Listen woman" he stated his voice full of audacity "be ready by four we're going out and I don't tolerate lateness" once done he let go of her hand in a bashing manner and turns to his room before banging the door at her face.

She drag her luggage inside her room and slump down behind her door. With all the emotions she's feeling deep inside her heart she let her tears flow freely. She can no more hold them back.

"Ya Allah what have I done wrong to deserve this man? Why? Why am I being treated as if I'm a trash? Is this the life I'm going to face throughout my marital life? With a drunkard? Ya Rabb Why? Ya Allah I've and will never question your audacity, I'm seeking refuge from you; Al-Mughnîy, the Enricher, Ya Rabb enrich my heart with As-sabr and Al-biya'a. Ya Allah help me throughout this journey, be by my side Ya Allah" she soliloquize wiping her tears with her fingers.

☆☆☆

The most awkward and tensed moment of Lina's privacy with her husband starts from their car ride. They have been driving for almost thirty minutes but still she couldn't guess where they're heading to nor did any one of them talked to the other.

Since after the short order he gave to her in the morning, she locked herself within the four walls of her room crying her heart out. The memory of Ms Amrah checking out on her flip through her mind but when she realised that she's far away from her beloved ones she broke down again hysterically.

Around eleven thirty in the morning she finally mustard the courage and walk towards the toilet to wash her face before heading out to the kitchen to find something to feed her grumpy stomach because last she ate food was almost twenty four hours back.

She passed through the corridor and into the living room but she didn't catch a glimpse of his presence in the house.

Upon entering the kitchen she located a hamburger's box on the kitchen island. She intended neglecting it but with the aches she's feeling in her tommy for lack of eating, she made her way to it and munched on it without bothering herself with the owner or his possessions.