Chapter 16 | PROUD ENOUGH! HUNH?

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

Walt Disney

☆☆☆

Lina walked inside the building nervously with her bag swung around her arm and some files on her hand as she keeps playing with her ring.

Pressing to the fifth floor, the elevator closed as Lina became more nervous. She could feel the sweat forming in between her palm but she focuses her gaze forward.

She have to be confident.

She have to trust her self.

She have to be friendly.

As the door open, it revealed a receptionist area with a young woman slightly older than Lina with her brown hair in wavy curls as her makeup brightens her beauty.

Her face lit as she saw Lina walking towards her and she stood as she welcome Lina with a tight smile.

"You're welcome to Vee Arts Collaboration Miss. How can I help you?" She questioned as she motions for Lina to sit opposite her.

"I'm the employee that came here yesterday to collect my offer" she hands her the papers.

"Oh sorry Miss Danish, I didn't recall your face. You're welcome. Let me inform the manager"

"Ok" Lina watch her as she disappear behind the door. Her heart beat fastened. The sweats in her palm increases even with the presence of room conditioner.

'He might reject you'

'No Lina you deserve it'

'He may not be around'

'But his assistant has to be present'

'You can do it Lina'

Her inner mind kept debating.

"Breathe in and out calmly" she muttered to herself as the receptionist approaches her.

"You can enter Ms Danish" the receptionist who Lina just learnt to be Abreshmina from her tag said and Lina raised an eyebrow at confusion.

"OK let me escort you" she defended with a laugh and they both headed towards his office.

With the combination of both Salam and knock they entered the office before Abreshmina excused herself.

"God day Miss Danish" he greeted.

"God morning Sir" she replied and he scrunches his face.

"Some days you were calling me Bassam and now Sir?" He questioned with a tight smile.

"Well you're my boss now" she answered still playing with her ring.

"You can still call me Bassam, no worries" she smiled nervously bitting her lower lip.

He just love it when a girl bits her lip.

"Don't be nervous Miss Danish. There aren't any werewolves in the office" he joked and she chuckle.

"I'm not afraid of such" she grumbled.

"Ouch dear. How I wish there's a mirror so you can see your face. I only mentioned the name and look at how you're grumbling talk less of when you came in contact with it" he stated as he threw his head backward laughing.

"Are you making fun of me?" She questioned as she raises a brow.

"No Miss Danish" he raises his hand in surrender and she muttered 'Better' being careful so as not to be heard by even being one inch away from her.

"So Miss Danish what do you think about playing 'know each other better'?" He questioned and she gave him a questioning look.

"Game?" She questioned amazed.

"Yup. Don't worry about work today is our day off"

"Day off?" She questioned again "today's Thursday" she stated.

"Oh Miss Danish didn't I informed you? We only work on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays"

"I never knew"

"So you see there isn't any work today so, I can get to know you more before we start working as a team" he brought them back to their discussion and she nods.

"Ten facts about you" he started

"Like?"

"Likes and dislikes" he stated caressing his beard.

"I like eating too much"

"Best food?"

"I don't actually have a best food as in I like anything concerning what to feed my stomach with but I prefer to start with in the morning a hot cup of tea or chocolate coffee and before going to bed" he smiled as he seems interested in the talk.

"Best drink?"

"Apple and grape juice or Lemonade"

"Only fruity juice?" She nods.

"Hobbies?"

"Sleeping" she blurted and when she realise what she say she laughed at herself "that was then. I love painting and drawing" she corrected herself and he suppress a smile as she tried to maintain a neutral face.

"Any boyfriend?" She was suddenly taken off guard and she remained quiet seeming to think before she answered him

"Nah"

"Why?" He interrogated

"I don't date" he remain quiet before he nods his head and continue.

"You ask me now"

"How do you relate with your family"

"Uhm my mother, I will describe her as the best mother everyone will wish to have. She's my best friend, my sister, my everything. She's just wonderfully amazing! I have a crumpy sister though, she's very friendly and awesome and a bossy father. My family's just wonderful"

"Wonderful! What kind of humour do you have?"

"I won't deny it but I'm actually humourless. Let's say I'm a little jester at home but I'm humourless outside"

Weird!

"How can you describe yourself?"

"That too I won't deny it but I'm full of myself. My sister usually complains about that but I'm quite alright being proud of myself. I know I'm classy, rich, and handsome"

Ewww!

"Sir, Uhm I mean Bassam I need to get going my father is calling me" she said waving her phone in the air.

"Nice to meet you again Miss Danish"

"Same here, Salam"

☆☆☆