Chapter 11 | CARDIAC ATTACK

You are not a drop in the ocean. You're the entire ocean, in a drop.

Rumi

☆☆☆

Ms Amrah sat calmly on the reclining chair in the waiting area of the hospital. Physically she was calm but emotionally she was cracking in fear and anxiety. She's been in the waiting area for the hour twenty minutes but not even a single nurse came out to inform her about the situation at hand. And that alone was enough to make her panic.

All she was able to do was recite any du'a that came to her mind. That was all she could do in other to help Lina recover. She couldn't do anything more than that and that was what she needed the most at that time, prayer.

Even though Ms Amrah was feeling all numb and frazzled, she managed to cross the section to the female's restroom. She performed her ablution before she headed out to the female Masjid. She needed to pray some Nawafil plus it was nearly Asr prayer.

As soon as she was inside the Masjid, she said her Iqamah before she started. She prayed two units of prayers before she rose to pray her Asr prayer. After she was done she carried the Holy Qur'an from the bookshelf and recited Surah An-Nur.

Indeed with every hardship comes ease and also with every gloom there is always a thread of light on the way. She prayed that Lina too will soon find her own thread of light and rejoice the happiness of both this world and hereafter. Not only Lina alone but to all those innocent Muslims out there crying for shelter, food and freedom, to all those wealthy arrogant Muslims that feel no one is above them and lastly to all the unbelievers who are on the wrong track, for the to see their own light too. Sooner than later.

After she was done she went back into the hospital with little hopes much more than the time they came. All she hopes for is Khayr.

Once back to her seat, she heard her phone beeping and she fished it out from her Abaya pocket. "Hello Ms Amrah, how's Lina?" Labiba asked impatiently while Ms Amrah huffed.

"They are still in, not even a nurse came out but In Shaa Allah all shall be well."

"Inna Lillahi! Ya Allah make it easy for her."

"Ameen Labiba. Is Ms Maria awake?"

"Not yet, I think in some minutes."

"Ok Labiba. But please make sure she eats her food and her medicine is in the fridge, the one with orange cover, give her two pills but until she eats."

"Ok I'll Insha Allah."

"Ma'assalam Labiba." With that they both ended the call and Ms Amrah sank into her chair while stretching her legs forward as she titled her head to the side.

☆☆☆

"Family of Lina Danish?" The doctor questioned as he exits the ICU and Ms Amrah abruptly stood up and walked over to him. They have been there for the past two hours and Ms Amrah has already start losing hope about the case.

He beckoned her towards his office and she reluctantly followed him. All she wanted was to ran straight into the ICU to check upon Lina.

Upon entering his office, he waited as she entered before closing the door and they all took their seats.

"Ms Amrah?" He asked her going through the medical reports on his hand and she nodded in confirmation.

"Yes."

"How are you related to Ms Danish, please?" He asked her and Ms Amrah was suddenly taken off guard by his question.

"Uhmm..Uhm..." She scratches her neck trying to find a convincing relationship between her and Lina. If she'll just say she's her Granny's nurse the doctor won't be open with her. "I'm her aunty." She blurted out.