Chapter 34

"Argh!" Popcorn flies all across the room and rolls under furniture.

I stifle a laugh as Jayden covers his eyes, his mouth open in horror.
"Jayden!" A laugh bubbles out of me and soon enough, I'm completely gone. Hiccups tumble out as I lose control, tears come rolling out of my eyes just like his popcorn did around the room.

He smacks my leg as I fail to stop laughing.
"It's not f-funny! He's so scary, look at his face."
A shiver racks Jayden's body and I snort again.

"Jayden, kids younger than you watch this!" I point at It on the TV and grin in amusement.

The cabin door flies open, slamming into the wall with a huge 'crack' and I jump up in shock.
This time, it's Jayden's turn to laugh.

"Says you scaredy cat! You got scared by him."

I scowl and stand up to see Alec walk in through the door, a plastic bag in his hand.
A blur of blue is launched at me and I reflexively catch it.
"There's your pads, I bought you some underwear too."

He hands me the bag and I take it with a grateful smile. Blue orbs scan me from head to toe before narrowing.
"Didn't I tell you to have a shower?"

"We did." Jayden pipes up, munching on he remainder of his popcorn- the ones who survived the tragic natural disaster that is The Jayden Earthquake. Jerkearthquake perhaps?

I shrug and glance at Alec as he shuts the door and runs his hand through his dark locks.
"Like he said, I did. I'm just wearing the same clothes as before."

He grabs my wrist and I flinch back, pain dancing across the sensitive skin. I quickly rub it as he ignores me and marches up the stairs-
not waiting to see if I followed.

Well I did.
He walks to my temporary room and opens the door, turning to the dresser at the back of the room and flinging the top draw open.

He grabs a black shirt and a pair of boxers before throwing them in my face.
"Wear my clothes." He barks, "Use my toiletries too."

I lift a brow as he slams my door shut and turn to the en suite I had.
What was his problem now?

Ignoring the stigma that is Alec, I quickly strip down my clothes in my room and instead put on his clothes.

An aroma fills the small room and I greedily breathe it in, it smelt like heaven.
Ironic right? Seen as though Alec was a demon..

Okay bad time for jokes.

I glance in the mirror and stifle a giggle at how ridiculous I looked, his shirt came down to mid-thigh and his boxers were a little shorter yet hung loose off of my hips.

I keep a death grip on the waistband, desperate to keep it covering me and I slowly make my way down the stairs.

The scent of bacon assaults my nostrils and my stomach decided to let out a noise similar to a whales mating call as my eyes fall upon Alec, cooking breakfast in the kitchen.

"Hey Alec?" I call out, my hands still like vice around my waist.

He hums back in acknowledgment as he continues to scramble some eggs.

"Um.. do you have anything in a smaller size I could borrow?"

He takes the pan off of the stove and turns to look at me, his eyes dancing up and down my form.
"It fits."

I shake my head and use one hand to slowly lift the hem of his shirt, revealing the waistband which was almost triple my hips.
"If I let go, it'll fall off."

He raises a brow and amusement dances in his eyes.
"Let it fall off. My shirt covers everything anyway."

I bite my lips and shift uncomfortably, I was slightly subconscious about not wearing any pants. Especially around two guys with looks like that.

Without another word, I quickly slip off his boxers whilst he was busying himself with cooking and throw it on the back of a sofa in the living room.

"Hey Mel." I look at the dining table and see Jayden fiddling on his phone.

A small smile graces my face as I sit next to him.
"Is he cooking for us?" I mutter quietly to Jayden as he switches his phone off and turns to look at me.

"Yeah, I didn't know he could cook, especially since he's so.."

I mumble an agreement as my eyes fall back to Alec, silently watching his graceful movements behind the counter. He was skilled, alright. Extremely.

My stomach grumbles again as Alec splits food onto three plates, bringing them over to the table as he takes the end seat of the table.

"Training starts today." He says as I devour the delicious food.

I look up and see him watching us with an unreadable expression, it seemed a little calculating and..
I brush off my thoughts determining he can't be that bad as the food sits happily in my now full stomach.

"Eat as much as you can, you'll need the energy." Alec says again as he quickly eats his food.

I nod.

"What kind of training exactly do you mean?" Jayden asks with curiosity shining in his eyes.

Alec shifts in his chair and pushes his empty plate aside, replacing it with his arms. His muscles tense as he leans forward and cocks his head at Jayden.
"Both."

My eyes flicker back and forth between the two males sat opposite each other and questions dance along my mind and tongue.
"Care to enlighten the oblivious girl here?"

Both of them stop staring at each other to look at me before Jayden gives me a small smile.
"Physical and mental. As demons, we have extra powers obviously. It's time you discover yours and use it to help you defend yourself or fight others."

I stand up and bite my lip.
"Okay."

Gathering the now empty plates, I head to the sink, fully aware of the heat of a body behind me.

My heart jumps into my throat as I feel someone brush my behind slightly to grab a dirty dish.
"Let me do it." Alec mutters in my ear, his breath hot and voice low.

I gulp and step away from him, scared by the proximity and take the plate away from him.
"You cooked, I clean. Jayden gets tomorrow."
My voice comes out steady and forced.

I look behind me as the heat is suddenly gone and there's no reply. Alec had gone.