Chapter 19

Everyone is silent.
No one dares to move a muscle.

The faint tick-tock of my clock is heard in the background.

I stand up and look at them both as they glare at each other and sit on the opposite sides of my bed.

Rubbing my face, I put my hands on my hips and scowl.
"If someone doesn't explain to me right this instance what's going on, then I swear I will kick your balls so hard you will-"

Jayden winces and holds a hand up.
"Please stop. I am hoping to have children in the future."

Alec says nothing but sends a hateful glare in his direction.

I notice this and don't let go.
"What's between you two?"

Jayden looks at Alec who merely looks away, a scowl marring his perfectly cold handsome face.
Jayden shrugs and looks at me
"Long story."

Alec finally looks at me and speaks.
"That's not why we're here."

I slowly sit on the floor in front of them after closing the balcony doors.
Nodding, I fold my arms.
"I know, it's something to do with that man Jayden and I saw earlier isn't it? What did you both do? Who was he?" I ask, frantically examining their eyes for answers.
No such luck, they were both good at masking their emotions.
Too good.

Jayden shakes his head.
"I've been trying to put this off since I first met you. It's clear you don't know anything or you would've said something to one of us."

I groan in frustration
"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?"

Alec looks at me with an emotion aflame in his usually cold eyes.

Jayden looks miserably at the floor.
"Us three, we aren't normal. There are people out there like us, different. Alec hasn't told you either so don't blame me."

I look at him, waiting.
His head rises to look into my eyes, a fire burning deep within his passionate brown eyes.

"We are demons."

Those 3 words, changed my life forever.

And thus, my story begins.