Chapter 3

My mothers voice wakes me from my blissful, well needed sleep.
"Melissa! Get up. It's 7 AM!"

What
7?!
WHAT?!

I facepalm. Why oh why must my mother be like this.
"Melissa! Get down here now!"

Please god save me. Why me? Why me? I just wanted some sleep!
"MELISSA! DID YOU NOT HEAR ME? I SAID-"

"I HEARD YOU MOTHER! I'm coming! Let me get ready first, jeez." I scream, burying my face in my pillow.

I take a few breaths before finally sitting up to see my room.

But, it wasn't like I saw it last.
My stuff! Of course. My mother loves decorating. She just couldn't resists setting everything up could she?

I walk in to my closet to see everything hung out neatly. Ah, this does have some advantages. I grab some black ripped high waisted jeans and a deep purple croptop and head to the bathroom to wash up.

After brushing my teeth and having a shower, I head downstairs to see what Satan- oops, my mother, wants.

As I walk through the kitchen, smells of bacon hit me as my stomach growls.
"Wow mum, smells great. Wait, when did you get to go food shopping anyways?"

She smiles and taps her nose.
"I shall never tell the secrets of a mother."
She finishes frying the bacon and sets them equally on two plates of the traditional English breakfast. We settle down at the table with the food and glasses of orange juice.
"So mother, what possessed you to wake me at this ungodly hour?" I ask, still salty after having my beauty sleep disturbed.

She laughs.
"It's 8 in the morning! It's not that early," I scowl. "Besides. You're starting school tomorrow, you need to go shopping." She emphasises whilst looking me up at down.

I cross my arms.
"Thank you my dear mother for that compliment. What have I done to deserve such a kind, caring and wonderful mother like you? How shall I ever rep-"

"Oh shut it and eat!" She teases. I scowl again before scoffing my food.

.

.

After shopping with my mother, (hours upon hours of torture) we head back home.
My mum calls me.
"Melissa! Why don't you spend the rest of the day in the pool!"

What?!
No way.
"We have a pool?!" I scream in excitement.

She looks at me like I'm stupid.
"Duh. How did you miss it, it's in the back garden. There are some sun beds too but make sure you put some lotion on! I don't want you discovering you have skin cancer."

I roll my eyes.
"Yes mother."
I'm grateful we went shopping today, thank god I bought some new bikinis too!

After swimming, I clean up, take another shower and head back to my room to just lay down and listen to music.

Tomorrow is the first day of school.
Oh boy oh boy! What a joy!
Just going out today and buying all that stationary made me sad. And now I'm going to be the new kid in a random school with some randomers and I-

My stomach twists.
I feel a sudden urge to punch something.. or someone.
My hands shake and my stomach cramps again and again. My back aches and stings.
Some imaginary hammer is pounding my head.
I feel something crawling up my throat, begging to escape.

With as much energy as I could muster, I stumble to the bathroom to throw up.
My only thought was, welp, there goes the newly polished toilet.
Inappropriate, I know.

After what felt like hours of being crouched over the toilet, I finally head back to bed, body now aching slightly, sweat still falling off of the tip of my nose.
Maybe I'm starting my period?
Maybe I should've listened to my mum.
What if I do have skin cancer.
God damn my rebellious self, I knew I should have listened to her and put on the goddamned lotion! Damn it!