Chapter 39

It's all true; everything you have read in this book, only dialogue and thoughts, has been fabricated. Everything else did happen to Fiona and her family. Who had become psychic victims, a phrase — given by those attacked by the supernatural.

Nothing could be truer — when at three in the morning, after once again, another exorcism on the property. They had woken up to see an oversized frog; perched on the bed.

The creature looked like something you would see in one of those monster movies where the insects are the size of human hands.

The frog sat inches away from the frightened couple, looking at them with such a serious expression on its face. That Fiona and Steven felt as though they had done something wrong.

Gradually, after a few moments, it leapt from the bed and disappeared, leaving a sticky trail in its departure: a trail — which took most of the morning to clean away.

When Fiona and Steven told the ghost-hunting team about the latest incident, Lamont mentioned that frogs and toads were often associated with the demon; Baal.

'Do you think that's the demon terrorising us?' Fiona had to ask.

She had to ask because of the theory she had. That once the demon gave its name or hinted who it was. She would have a better chance of defeating the demon in her home.

This is what she had read in all her research concerning the demonic: that once the demon gave its name, the chances of defeating it — became much stronger.

She told the priest this, but unfortunately, Lamont didn't share Fiona's views on the demon giving its name so easily.

'Demons aren't that quick to show themselves,' He said. 'What you saw — was the demon simply showing you what it could still do.'

A day after that chapter: on another separate occasion, Fiona, after leaving the bathroom, felt someone push her down the stairs

This was then followed by the old man dragging her by the hair to the top of the stairs and repeating the same thing.

Three times, it happened, and Fiona believed the old man on that night wanted her dead.

Steven, working late when the incident happened, had slammed his fist into the front door.

'Why don't you just leave us be?' He had yelled. Throwing his hands into the air the way a cartoon character might do when angry with the sky.

A few minutes after calming down, Steven looked at his hand and saw that his knuckles were all bruised: his own fault for punching the front door.

Later that same night, when Fiona slept, he heard the voices of his children singing in their bedroom.

Curious, he went to the bedroom and saw Harmony and Katrina, both floating in the air, singing 'A Ring- a Ring- roses,' smiling and holding hands.

The disturbance had shaken Steven so much — that for the rest of the night, he didn't fall asleep in fear of what could happen next.