Chapter 12:

A week later, Chris went back to the house, this time without Andrew.

Here, he explains why.

I went back to the house for two reasons — first, because of what Lisa had mentioned as we were leaving. And the phone calls from her and Andrew the following day.

Q. What were the phone calls about?

Chris. Well — to cut a long story short, the next day after being at the house. Lisa rang me up. I could tell something wasn't right by the sound of her voice. She sounded upset and worried.

'Do you know what happened to me last night?' She wanted me to know.

'No, I don't live with you.'

'Well, at three in the morning, my phone began to ring.'

'Nothing strange about that, except for the time.'

'I know, but my phone was dead and here's the part where it gets weird. Whenever my phone went off, somebody would start banging on the front door.'

'Did you see who it was?'

'Course not. What do you take me for? It could have been anyone; I'm not a dickhead, you know?'

'So, you didn't see who was knocking?'

No, she told me, and I didn't think too much about it until later when Andrew called me.

'I don't think I can go back to that house.'

'Why not?' I was intrigued, puzzled, but most of all, startled. He was terrified; I could hear it in his voice. And Andrew is one of these people who don't get scared. It's not in his blood.

'Because I woke up at three in the morning to hear someone calling my name.'

'An-dre-w... An-dre-w' ....

'Really slow like that. It was fucking creepy, and I kept hearing this tapping sound at the bedroom window. Well, I don't know what possessed me, but I got out of bed and went to the window. Jesus, I wished I hadn't.'

'Why? What did you see?'

'I saw this old man floating outside the bedroom window, like a grown-up Peter Pan. Nothing held him up — save for the air. He stood there, swaying, pointing his finger directly at me.'

'Perhaps it was a bad dream.' I tried telling him. But he was having none of it.

'I didn't dream it, and if you want my advice, we should avoid that house altogether. Nothing good will come from it.'

Q. Did you find it a bit odd? How these incidents — occurred simultaneously?

Chris. 'I did. Most cases I deal with are poltergeists and, despite them; being boisterous, they never show any signs of threatening behaviour towards us. They will bang on walls, throw things around the house, and hide things, but they also do amazing feats.'

Q. Like what?

'Throw a chair out of the window, for example. The chair has gone through the window — the glass is still there. Yet, the chair is on the ground below.'

Q. But they don't intimate or threaten people?

Chris. 'If they do, it's rare. Really rare.'

Q. So, the Berman's ghost problem was something else.'

Chris. 'There was that theory, especially with the footage posted on YouTube.

When I went back to the house, I asked Steven and Fiona if they had the original footage. I had to watch them again—only this time on a VLC Player. I had to watch them in slow motion. You can do that with a VLC.