Chapter 5:

Look here! Call them wild stories, ghost tales - everyone living on Richmond Street, past and present, believed there was something terrible with that one house.

According to articles posted on the internet, Fiona and Steven would later read about. Work on the property started back in 76, during the infamous heatwave, when England had faced droughts in regions.

And with it, the devil's handmaid at work. Extreme coldness on that plot of land, despite the heatwave.

Other incidents to follow were the construction workers hearing strange animal noises: seeing dark shadows and falling ill with the flu.

One worker even found the relics of a pig. During the property excavation, and carved on it was a Hexagram, the sign of the devil.

Over the next thirty years, those living on Richmond Street would watch tenants move into the house, only to flee in terror, and some residents even felt uncomfortable when passing the property!

'Sometimes your mind would play tricks on you, convincing you to look up at the window, and when you did that. You would feel the house watching you.' One resident claimed.

The neighbour, who called the police because of screaming he could hear coming from the house.

And because of all these hearsays, residents began to speak about the house behind closed doors; and would even more when new tenants moved into the property, only to flee in terror.

Meanwhile, back in the present, Harmony didn't feel comfortable sleeping in a room on her own and wanted to share with her sister.

Katrina thought her sister was being silly.

'Why does she have to sleep in the same room with me? She's got her own bedroom.' She would argue.

Fiona would get annoyed, not just with Katrina - but also with Steven because of his toothache.

Fiona knew her husband had gone to the dentist, but it made no difference; he would still bang on about it.

Any slight noise would drive a pitchfork into his teeth, and at night, she would feel him tossing and turning, whimpering with the pain in his mouth.

It was during this time she began to notice the incidents in her home becoming even more bizarre.

For example, one morning, after she made sure the kids got to school on time. She went to the shops.

Now, before - leaving the house, she had closed all the doors and left the breakfast dishes in the sink.

Later, when she returned home, she found all the doors opened and the breakfast dishes stacked in the cupboard underneath the sink where they all went.

In interviews,Fiona had this to say.

'Yeah, it did surprise me when I came home and saw the breakfast dishes put away because I knew I hadn't put them away.'

(ME:) 'And this is when you really began to believe you had a ghost in your house?'

'Well, I suspected, for some time, I did. I mean, more and more weird things were happening, but they were like everyday occurrences.'

(ME:) 'Such as?'

'The beds made when I hadn't made them, the washing machine spinning around when I hadn't put it on. Thing; disappearing around the house and turning up days later in weird places.'

The situation Fiona speaks of is typical of a poltergeist.

And on August 21st, a month after Harmony's allegations of the old man, Fiona had found the washing machine in the middle of the kitchen floor, looking at her like a pale, bloated monster!