Chapter 18: PD Nim is slik asf

Start from the beginning

"And you're telling me PD Nim knew about all of this since the start?" His words were too cautious. As if he refused to believe in what he was saying. As if the words were stupid and meant nothing but Stin's nod to his words only brought him a terrible headache.

"Why didn't he tell us?" The ex-boyfriend enquired, voice too wobbly.

He was still in shock.

"Why didn't you tell him? He was waiting for you guys to trust him" Stin frowned, crossing her arms.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Yoongi narrowed his eyes, smugly slumping further into his rotating chair.

It was then, when Stin's face was getting redder.
Nope, not because of some blush.
It was because of embarrassment and guilt.

"I was scared" her words were breathy and almost too hollow to be audible.

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows, signalling her to elucidate.

"I-I thought—I was n-not su—I was sc-scared"

Yoongi's lips twisted in the agony of the realisation that his then girlfriend was scared of confiding in him.

"Scared of what?" He held her gaze harshly. No matter how hard the woman tried to look away, Yoongi's intense eyes would lure her back to his.

"Sc-scared of—"

The bell rang again.

Yoongi sighed, glaring at the door, raising on his feet and opening the door to Genius Lab.

His glare melted into a frown when he found a smiling PD Nim outside.

'What is with PD Nim, Genius Lab and serious conversations?' Yoongi sighed, dismissing his distracting thoughts and focused back on the main agenda.

"Hello Yoongi, I see SeokJin has told you some....things" The business man walked into straight past the shocked Yoongi. "I sent the eldest home, I wanted the others to get enlightened too"

Yoongi furrowed his brows, "How?"

"Eavesdropping is perhaps the best source of knowing things" The businessman was smug to which Yoongi was apparently not too pleased to counter.

The day was too shocking for Yoongi.

He shut the door and walked back, sinking into his designated seat with his head hanging low.

"Yoongi" the man beside Stin spoke up, "Why didn't you seven think of confiding in me? Aren't I that capable of your trust?"

Yoongi looked up, eyes filled with guilt. "PD Nim...w-we didn't wa-want Magic away f-from us...we thought if we'd tell you about her..you'd get us rid of her"

"Yoongi that is why I had hinted you guys at Stin's entrance to trust me, to know that I knew about the bab—Magic"

That's when Yoongi recalled the words.

"I'm doing this for a reason. Now it's your turn to trust me"
[reference to Chapter 12: Celebrations and Jaw drops]

"Her entrance was a shock to me" Yoongi countered, defending his brothers' and his actions.

"But now you know the reason" Stin urged.

"Was this all planned? Was...this planned since...the...beginning?" Yoongi's voice was deep and flabbergasted. He felt played. He felt like a dummy, a puppet in PD Nim and Stin's hands. Same was what he could expect his mementos to feel.