Hat Trick

SCENE: . Present. . 's cell stands empty, the door open. The scene transitions to Mary Margaret running in the [[Storybrooke Wilderness Park|woods. She stops briefly at a tree, then continues. The scene then transitions back to the sheriff's station. is seated in a chair, reading from his . A young is very visible on the page. and are seen coming down the hallway.

Emma: Henry? What are you doing here?
Henry: I came to congratulate you.
Emma: For what?
Henry: Your genius plan.
Mr. Gold: And what plan's that, Henry? (Henry looks down awkwardly) Right. (Walks away)
Henry: Sorry, I thought Mr. Gold was in on it now that he's Miss Blanchard's lawyer.
Emma: In on what?
Henry: The escape plan.
Emma: The what?
Mr. Gold: (Offscreen) Sheriff, could you join me, please? (Emma and Henry join Mr. Gold in front of the empty cell) She's gone.
Emma: Henry, what did you do?
Henry: Nothing. She was gone when I got here.
Mr. Gold: Her arraignment's tomorrow. If she's not there--
Emma: She's a fugitive. Doesn't matter if she's convicted for Kathryn or not, she's screwed. I have to go find her before someone notices she's missing.
Mr. Gold: Oh, you mean Regina.
Emma: Thee arraignment's at 8:00 A.M. I'm sure she'll be here bright and early to celebrate her victory.
Mr. Gold: Well, you have until 8:00 A.M. then.
Henry: What about me, how can I help?
Emma: Go home.
Henry: Emma, if she leaves Storybrooke--
Emma: Not now, Henry. Come on. (Ushering him toward the door)
Mr. Gold: Miss Swan, I know that time is of the essence, but if Miss Blanchard doesn't return, her future's in jeopardy. And if you're caught helping her, so is yours.
Emma: I don't care. I'd rather lose my job than my friend. (The scene transitions, showing Emma driving along the road in the woods in her Bug. Distracted, she narrowly avoids hitting . She stops and gets out of the car, running to him and helping him up) I'm so sorry! Are you okay? I didn't see you there.
Jefferson: I-I think so--
Emma: Are you sure?
Jefferson: I'm fine. I'm not used to sharing the road with cars so late. You're the Sheriff, aren't you?
Emma: Yeah.
Jefferson: What brings you out here in the middle of the night?
Emma: Oh, nothing to worry about. I'm just looking for a lost dog.
Jefferson: Well, I hope you find it. Emma: Thank you. (He starts to walk away, visibly limping) Oh, you are hurt!Jefferson: No, I just twisted my ankle, I think. I live just a mile down the road, I'll make it okay.
Emma: No, let me drive you. I insist.
Jefferson: Thank you. I'm Jefferson.
Emma: Emma. (They get into her car)

SCENE: Storybrooke. Present. Jefferson's house, exterior. Jefferson and Emma get out of her car.

Emma: Wow, this is your house? It looks more like a hotel! You must have a huge family.
Jefferson: Nope. It's just me.
Emma: Here. Wait. (She turns off the car and the two head inside. The scene transitions to inside the house)
Jefferson: (Setting down a tea tray) Here we go. Thought you might want to warm up for your search. It's cold out there.
Emma: That is kind of you, but I think I should get back to it.
Jefferson: I know. That's why I brought this. (Picks up a map and unrolls it) I'm a bit of an amateur cartographer. Mapping the area is a hobby. Maybe this will help you track down your dog.
Emma: (Looking over the map) Wow.
Jefferson: What's his name?
Emma: Spot.
Jefferson: Cute.
Emma: Well, Route 6 runs the boundary of the forest, so... (sips her tea) So if I just follow that I should... be able to...
Jefferson: Something wrong?
Emma: (teacup clatters) I'm just, uh, feeling a little...
Jefferson: Oh. Let me help you. (He pulls her toward the couch)
Emma: Dizzy.
Jefferson: Let's just lie you down here. (He lays her on the couch) There you go. Let me get you some air. (He starts walking away from her)
Emma: Your limp...
Jefferson: Oh. That. (Walks back to her) I guess you caught me.
Emma: (Drops her cup) Who are you?