The Return

SCENE: . Present. . is in his room, fumbling to get out of bed. After a great deal of difficulty and crashing into his dresser, he makes his way to a desk. He picks up the turns dial phone and dials only three numbers into it.

August: Hey, you there? (There is a pause as August listens) Good. This is taking too long; we need to accelerate the plan.

SCENE: Storybrooke. Present day. Outside . August is speaking with , hiding behind a bunch of crates.

August: It's almost nine. (He turns to face Henry) You all set? You know what to do?
Henry: Operation Cobra is always ready. I just...
August: You just what?
Henry: I don't understand what this has to do with getting to believe.
August: (August peers out around the crates before turning back to Henry) Sometimes other priorities assert themselves. Can you handle a little improvisation?
Henry: Yeah. Can you?
August: (smiling) We're a go. (He pats Henry on the back as he runs across the street, into the pawn shop)

SCENE: Storybrooke. Present day. Mr. Gold Pawnbroker & Antiquities Dealer. The bell of the front door rings as Henry walks inside. emerges from the back room, confused by Henry's appearance.

Henry: Hey, Mr. Gold!
Mr. Gold: Good morning, Henry. What can I do for you?
Henry: I wanna get a gift for .
Mr. Gold: Oh, I see.
Henry: Since... she didn't kill that .
Mr. Gold: Good thinking.

SCENE: Storybrooke. Present day. August sneaks in through the back door to the back room while Henry and Mr. Gold talk, their word illegible. He closes the door silently and begins wandering around the room. Suddenly, Mr. Gold walks into the room.

Mr. Gold: Can I help you?
August: (Surprised) Yeah... I'm looking for some maps. I'm a bit of a collector.
Mr. Gold: Yes... well, there's maps through in the shop; this is my office.
August: I thought this was the entrance..
Mr. Gold: (abruptly) It's not. The shops are in there. (He gestures with his cane through the door to the showroom)
(August leaves, and Mr. Gold looks around suspiciously.)

SCENE: Storybrooke. Present day. . Kathryn Nolan is awake and being assessed by . Whale notices Emma Swan standing outside.

Dr. Whale: Emma. Come on in. Look who's awake.
Emma: (enters) Kathryn, hi. Listen, I don't wanna take a lot of your time, but do you remember what happened?
Kathryn: I don't know much. I was in a car accident and (pauses) I remember the airbag going off. (slightly shakes her head) And the next thing I knew, I was in the dark. In some basement. I didn't see anyone, but there was food and water. And then, I guess I was drugged?
Dr. Whale: (nods) Yeah, we are still trying to flush that out of your system.
Kathryn: And then I woke up (pauses) in a field at the edge of town (pauses) and I started walking. That was it.
Emma: You saw no one? You didn't hear a voice? Smell perfume? (Kathryn slightly shakes her head) Cologne? Anything?
Kathryn: (shakes her head with more effort) Nothing, no. I'm sorry. I wish I could help. Especially since- While I was gone you thought I was dead?
Emma: Your DNA matched the heart we found.
Dr. Whale: They're grilling everybody down at the hospital lab to see who doctored the DNA results.
Kathryn: Why would anyone do this?
Emma: I think somebody was trying to frame Mary Margaret.
Kathryn: But why? Who would do something like that? (Dr. Whale and Emma exchange a questioning look)

SCENE: Storybrooke. Present day. Mr. Gold's shop.

: You broke our deal.
Mr. Gold: I broke one deal in my life, dear - and it, sadly, wasn't this one.
Regina: Kathryn was supposed to die and Mary Margaret was to get the blame.
Mr. Gold: Yeah, murder seems so much worse here though, doesn't it? You can't just turn someone into a snail and step on them, can you? You didn't say "kill her". We agreed that something tragic should happen to her. Now, abduction is tragic.
Regina: The intent was perfectly clear.
Mr. Gold: Oh, let's not talk about intent. Intent is meaningless.
Regina: Intent is everything.
Mr. Gold: Please.
Regina: This is going to raise all kinds of questions about where she was and how the test's results were fake.
Mr. Gold: Oh, yes. And um, and who put the in her .
Regina: It's all gonna lead to me, isn't it? You bastard! This isn't making any sense. You and I - we've been in this together. From the start.
Mr. Gold: Oh, have we?
Regina: created the for . The curse that brought us here and build all this.
Mr. Gold: Yes, it's about time you said "thank you."
Regina: Why did you do it?
Mr. Gold: Well, you are a smart woman, your Majesty. Figure it out.