Snow Falls

SCENE: The . The camera pans to show a , then a large forest. A lone stag roams on the forest road tending to a patch of grass. A coachman's voice is heard in the distance. Startled, the deer turns its head up and turns to leave hastily. Carriage horses stamp forward pulling a carriage on the road. Inside the carriage, looks out the window.

Prince Charming: What do you think of the view, my dear? (Camera moves from him to reveal his fiancée, Princess , sitting across from him. She holds a fan.)
Abigail: (Fanning herself rapidly and sighs) I've seen better. This is taking forever. I told you the Troll Road would've been quicker. (The carriage bounces) And far less bumpy. (Prince Charming takes a bag of jewelry in his lap and gazes at it. Abigail gazes at the box, and then at him.) Are you even listening to me?
Prince Charming: (Distractedly looks away from the bag) Yes, of course I am.
Coachman: Whoa, whoa! (Carriage horses neigh as they draw to a halt.)
Abigail: Now what? (The carriage stops. The Prince gets out to investigate, leaving behind the bag on the seat.)
Prince Charming: (To Abigail) Worry not—it's but a fallen tree. Fellas? Shall we? (Overhead, the camera moves from the road to the top of the carriage. The scene briefly changes back to Prince Charming examining the end of the tree. Then, a cloaked figure lands on top of the carriage, which startles Abigail inside.)
Guard: (Prince Charming continues to assess the marks on the tree.) M'lord? What is it?
Prince Charming: These markings. This tree didn't fall—it's been cut. It's an ambush. (The cloaked figure reaches into the open carriage door and grabs the bag on the seat. Abigail screams at the intrusion and Prince Charming rushes back.)
Guards: Sir!
Abigail: Guards! Stop, thief! Help me! (The thief mounts a horse and makes a getaway. Prince Charming mounts a horse as well and chases after the thief. As he passes by the carriage, Abigail looks out the carriage door at the commotion. Charming manages to catch up to the thief, and when his horse speeds up to align with the other horse, he forces the thief from the horse to the ground)
Prince Charming: (He falls, and gets up to stand over the thief.) Show your face, you coward! (Prince Charming flips the thief over, and prepares a fist to punch. He stops, and the anger melts from his face to show dazed surprise. Camera switches to show the thief is a pale, fair faced ) You're...a girl.
Thief: Woman. (Grabbing a rock, she hits Prince Charming in the face with it. He sprawls to the side in pain. She gets back onto her horse and rides off.)
Prince Charming: (Gets up as his chin is bloodstained and yells at thief.) You can't hide from me! Wherever you are, I will find you! (The thief turns to flash him a satisfied smirk as she gets away. Prince Charming shoots her an irritated look.)

SCENE: . and are on a date at . She looks at him, and sips her drink.

Dr. Whale: Um, where were we? Something about you wanting fifteen kids?
Mary Margaret: (Shocked) No! Good lord, no. I meant in my class, where I teach. You'll meet them tomorrow. (Dr. Whale nods in understanding, and then as she continues to speak, his gaze drifts to the person behind her. is clearing tables in the background, and is scantily clad in a white shirt showing her midriff with a red mini-skirt and high heels.) They're coming to the hospital as part of the Volunteer Outreach Program.
Dr. Whale: (Ruby moves to another table almost directly behind Mary Margaret. He quickly shifts his eyes back in time to respond.) Oh, yeah. That is a great program.
Mary Margaret: (Dr. Whale tries to remain focused as she speaks, but keeps quickly glancing back at Ruby.) I mean, obviously I don't want fifteen kids of my own. I-I mean, not that I don't want kids. I do. (He loses interest in the conversation, and now his gaze is fixed on what is behind Mary Margaret.) I want kids, marriage, true love—I want it all. But that of course is... (She notices Dr. Whale is not paying attention to her. Slowly, she turns her head to see him ogling Ruby, who has finished cleaning the table and carries a tray as she passes them)
Mary Margaret: ...wildly inappropriate for me to discuss on a first date.
Dr. Whale: Hmm?
Mary Margaret: Ruby?
Ruby: (She stops and turns back while holding the tray in the air with one hand.) Yes, Mary Margaret?
Mary Margaret: (Sadly) Check, please.