Chapter 58 - Ryan

Start from the beginning

"Skylar doesn't know this part of town. Where could he have gone?" Romona asked.

"The gas station it a few blocks from here." Veronica said.

With that we got in the car and drove to the gas station.

That's when I saw Skylar.

Get into another persons car.

And that person,

Was Xavier.

End of flashback

The slap Veronica gave me still hurt and left a mark, but not as back as the pain in my heart, and the marks from it breaking.

I love Skylar..

I always did.

So why did I do it..?

I don't even know myself..

I got ready for hockey. I wasn't playing as good as I was before, and Ms. Stevens noticed it.

But I didn't care.

When I was in the ice I would feel at home. I could forget what I did and forget Skylar.

But that only last a few seconds.

Then I remember everything.

And it slows me down.

I miss everything about Skylar..

I miss his smile, his voice, his hair, his lips, his body.

I would give anything just to touch him, one last time.

I was stupid.. all for a fun secret, that isn't even that big of a deal.

I ruined everything.. I can't even imagine how he must be feeling.

We promised each other.

I promised him.

We would stay together through thick and thin, because that's what love is..

I still remember him telling me that.

I wonder what he's doing now.

Probably went back to his he used to be.

The one small quiet gay kid, everyone forgot about.

But he was the only one I could remember.

Why am I so fucking stupid?!

Thinking, Skylar wouldn't find out.. I shouldn't have left him..

I did something wrong for him to leave me..

I picked up my bag and walked out the room.

Everyone's eyes were on me.

I walked out the house.

I didn't like my family looking at me like that. Looking at me like I was a disgrace to this family.

I walked to practice. But on the way I saw something.

Right in front of me, was Skylar and Xavier. They were talking happily in front of the rinks backdoor. The door I usually go through. I quickly hide behind the wall and listen in on their conversation.

"T-thank you.. again for taking me here.. I'm still a little sore though.." Skylar said.

I loved hearing his voice, but now when he's talking to Xavier, and mentions being 'sore'.

"No problem love. I'm always going to be here to help. Even though Ryan wasn't." Xavier said quite loudly.

"I don't want to talk about it.. he's probably already forgotten about me, and is fucking that whore." Skylar said with a mix of emotions.

What he said broke my heart.

I wanted to tell him that I never slept with her, I wanted to tell him that I never forgot about him, I wanted to hold him in last time. I wanted to kiss him one last time. I wanted to touch him. One last time.

"Yeah, I agree. He probably forgot all about you. But don't worry I'm here." Xavier said.

I heard a quiet thud, and peaked my head over to see that Xavier pined him against a wall and kissed him.

But..

Skylar kiss him back...

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but if you are going to make-out, please do it somewhere else." I said walking towards them.

"Ryan.." Skylar mumbled.

"What are you doing here?" Xavier asked with a time of disgust.

"I'm here for practice." I glared at him. "And Skylar," Skylar flinched when I said his name. "I just wanted you to know, that even if you're mad at me, think about how everyone else feels about this. Parker's been crying for days." I turn to the door.

"Ryan, wait!" Skylar yelled at me.

But I kept going.

I don't know why.. I just did. I heard the door open and footsteps come my way, but then I heard a voice.

"Skylar.. he's not worth it." It was Xavier who said that.

I look back for a second and see Skylar's eyes water..

"I know." He said. "But.. you're not worth anything either. I was in desperate need of help, and you helped me. Thank you. But.. I don't want to be anything more than friends."

I continued walking, and headed to practice.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I did good today. I thought as I was on my way home. 

After practice, Skylar took the ice. He was as good as always. But something seemed off about him.

He was more.. weak.

His jumps weren't as high, and his spins weren't as fast.

But that's none of my concern.

I walked him and open the door, to see a lively family.

That was weird. I was only gone for 4 hours..

"Ryan's home!!" Parker yelled.

"Ryan, we have good, and bad news." Veronica said. "Good news first, Skylar came back, andwereplacedyourbedwithaqueensixedbedforskylar. Bad news, he wants nothing to do with you and you will be sleeping on the couch."

"What was the second good news?" I asked confused.

"Skylar came back?"

"After that."

"He hates you?"

"Before that."

"We replaced your beds with one queen sized bed for you and Skylar to share?"

"You what?!"

"Sorry.. Skylar said that he wanted a new bed a month ago and so we got the queen sized bed. So, you have to sleep on the couch."

"Agh. Fine." I say and go to my room and look at the new bed.

It was a black bed, with a red sheet and a dark red blanket over it.

It looked nice.

I change my clothes, taking a short shower, and laying down on the bed.

"Skylar's back..but not for me.." I mumbled before falling asleep.