~ chapter 28 ~

"Is three enough?" Kira asked.

We were sitting at the table from Scott's house. We were trying to come up with a plan about how to catch the Benefactor. We knew that if we took down the Benefactor, the whole Deadpool thing would come to its end.

"Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so." Stiles replied.

"Are we really doing this?" I asked them a little worried.

"We're doing it," Stiles told me.

"Tonight," Scott added and I squeezed his hand.

"But isn't it kind of dangerous? It's incredibly dangerous." Liam asked us.

"And borderline idiotic," Stiles added making fun of the situation.

"Have you guys done something like this before?" Liam asked us.

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" I asked Liam.

"I think it's yes to both," Kira added.

"You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to," Scott told Liam who was looking very scared.

"I'm not scared," he said, but I knew he was lying.

"Then you're borderline idiotic." Stiles congratulated him. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" Stiles added looking at everyone.

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" I asked them.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required," Scott told me looking in my eyes.

He knew that I hated the plan and I would rather die than him being dead. I knew that we worth the same and he could let me do that, but he was too worried about me and the baby.

"Simon said the same thing," Stiles explained to us. "He couldn't get paid by The Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead," he added.

"So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?" Scott asked.

"You don't get paid," I answered looking at him.

"But how does that get us any closer to The Benefactor?" Liam asked.

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead," Scott told Liam.

At that moment I felt my stomach massing around. I couldn't hear the word "death" or any other words related to it. It was making me sick as hell and nobody knew about the baby, so I had to keep it in me and resist it.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list," Stiles added.

"So, if he wants visual confirmation..." Liam said.

"He's going to have to come to get it himself," Scott added.

"Excuse me!" I said and ran to the bathroom.

"What's going on with her?" I heard Stiles asking.

"She hates the word 'death' and any other words related to it... and I understand her. I mean, half of her family is dead." Scott told him. "I'm gonna see if she's okay," he added and then came to the bathroom and knocked at the door. "You okay?" he asked me.

I didn't reply, I just stared at myself in the mirror. I was a mess, a big one. I was shitty, my whole life and family was. I slowly went to the door and unlocked it. I sat down on the floor and put my hands above my head. Scott stepped in and looked at me.