~ chapter 20 ~

"So... You made out with Kira?"

It wasn't a usual question for me to ask the boy who I thought liked me. Heck, it wasn't something I wanted to hear from my best friend instead of the guy who liked me. You know, I really thought Scott McCall would be different from all the other boys around here but Lydia is always right. It is better to stick to the jerks you know will break you instead of guys you think will save you. Scott was standing next to Stiles when I walked up to them with a frown etched onto my lips.

"Are you going to answer the question?"

Now Stiles had muttered an awkward goodbye before scurrying over to Malia who seemed to explain the situation to him.

"It wasn't on purpose, Kylie. I swear, it just happened. Kira can be very convincing." Scott spoke with nervousness and I stepped forward so we were only a foot apart.

He nervously ran a hand through this hair making me smirk and glance over to the stands. My best friend in the entire world sat next to Kira, questioning her on the same topic. As I waited on an answer from Scott, I watched Kira stand up and storm away from Lydia who wore a satisfied smirk. Stepping back away from Scott, I sighed and pretended to think about what I was going to say next even though Lydia and I had discussed this entire conversation.

"Yeah? Well, I can be pretty convincing too, McCall. So stay away from me!"

The lacrosse coach blew his whistle as if to call the team in and Scott sighed before jogging over there. With a flip of my hair, I walked over to stand beside what looked like a freshman with blond hair and green-blue eyes.

As I sat on the bleachers I felt another person sitting next to me.

"Derek! You scared the hell out of me! What are you doing here?" I told my older and beyond annoying cousin who scared me out of death.

"You forgot your lunch this morning. I thought that you'll want that," he replied.

I didn't mention that I moved in with Derek after I had a nervous breakdown at my adoptive father's house the night when Derek came back to normal. I told him that I knew the whole truth and that I hated him for lying to me those whole years. Derek was there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on. Plus... we're cousins.

"Is there any other thing that you want to talk about?" he asked me.

"No..." I lied to him.

He gave me the look that means "I'm a Werewolf and I can hear your heart bits. They just raised. Now... Tell me what's going on.". He used that look a lot on me at that time very much.

"Scott made out with another girl... With Kira." I told trying to hold my tears.

"Consider him dead, okay?" he told me to make me laugh. "You're a special girl, Kyles. Find a boy that's right for you," he told me and then hugged me.

Scott and Stiles were now covering the goal. They were good too, blocking every guy that tried to score. That was until they tried to stop Liam, a new freshman transferred this semester. He just jumps and spun out of their reach before making the shot as flawlessly as the first time.

"Do-over!" a female voice yelled from the bleacher in front of me and Derek and over half of the team turned to look at her.

I realized that Malia was the one who yelled and went at her to try her to make it stop. Coach seemed to yell something back that I couldn't hear before she raised an eyebrow.

"I have ten on Scott and Stiles."

The Coach agreed to that and yelled for Liam to do it again. As he took his position, the boys changed theirs. It was long before the whistle was blown and Liam took off, dodging the lankier boy who I wasn't mad at. He wasn't as lucky when the other, more annoying but attractive boy whose name I refuse to say bent down and flipped Liam over his shoulder. The crunch echo around the field as I rushed forward with the rest of the boys to see Liam on the ground with a pained look on his face. I took Scott's arm and pulled him away because I wanted to talk to him.