~ chapter 12 ~ {Scott's POV}

I woke up in a room, and I saw Stiles sitting next to Malia. Kira was staying next to Kylie who was still inconsistent.

"Maybe she just needs more time to heal." I heard Kira saying.

"Alphas heal faster than everyone else. Especially the Hales. Plus... She's an Evolved Werewolf. I don't know what's supposed to be... but her powers are double Malia's or maybe Scott's." Stiles told Kira.

"Or maybe it's about the connection," I told them. "What if we can see what's going on in her mind?" I asked them.

"You mean seeing her memories," Stiles told me.

"No! I mean seeing her thoughts. Derek told me once that Alphas can see each other's thoughts. Maybe we can try." I told them.

Everybody agreed, and I let my claws grow and put them in Kylie's neck.

~

I focused and I woke up in Kylie's thoughts. I was the Nemeton and Kylie on it, sitting next to a big wolf.

"Kylie!" I said but she didn't hear me.

I got closer to the Nemeton and closer until I got at it. When I got near the Nemeton, the wolf looked at me and turned its eyes in red. The wolf was actually a werewolf, an Alpha. After that Kylie turned her head and saw me.

"Scott?"

"I need you to wake up. We need to get out of there, okay?" I told her.

"I can't. I'm scared!" she told me.

"Hey! Look at me! I'm right here." I told her.

~

 We woke up and Kylie was fully okay.

"We need a plan to get out of here," Stiles told us.

"Where is Lydia?" Kylie asked Stiles.

"The Calaveras took her," he replied.

"Do you know what they want from her?" I asked him.

"No. But I think we're about to find out." Stiles told me and then showed me to a big massive man. He took me and Kylie and then left.

~

"Let her go!" I told to the woman. "You have me! What do you want from her?" I struggled against me restrains as Lydia was pulled into the room and placed on a chair next to me.

Her eyes met mine and I could tell that she wasn't okay. Kylie was dragged with a large hand wrapped around her tiny biceps. She tried to escape, but she couldn't. I could feel her pain in her eyes.

"One hand stays in here and one at your back." the man told Kylie.

Her green eyes met mine and I saw the tears in her eyes.

"So... Let me explain what is going to happen. This one, the little lonely Alpha, seems to have a big impact on you and the Banshee. She's going to turn the dial on you. If she hasn't... I'll turn it on the Banshee." the Calavera man said.

I saw Kylie looking at Lydia. Her bottom lip was trembling when she heard that if she doesn't turn the dial on me, the woman will turn it on, Lydia.

"No! I'm not gonna do this! I'm not gonna let you do this to them! Let me go!" Kylie screamed as she tried to back away.

Her free hand grabbed the man's hand which was on hers and scratched him. I could see the fear in her eyes and smell it too. Kylie might be a Hale Alpha, but she was tiny and defenceless when it was about hunters. She had to stop fighting before he really injured her. Finally, the man's other hand gripped her whist and pushed her hand down on the knob again. He was planning on having her to electrocute us.

 "Are you sure?" he asked her. "One of them has the power to heal, but the other doesn't," he added.

The choice was obvious if you thought hard enough. Lydia was Kylie's best friend and she didn't have the ability to heal like me. If I was electrocuted, I would heal, but I couldn't say the same about Lydia. More than that... I think that Lydia could actually die. Kylie shook her head quickly and she looked down to avoid my eyes. She made her choice and it was the right choice to do, but Kylie was embarrassed by it.

"What are you doing? Is this a game for you, or what?" I asked Araya Calavera as she stepped out of the shadow with a sick smile on her face.

Her eyes were trained to Kylie, but she turned them to me when my mouth opened.

"They haven't done anything! Let them go!" I yelled as she shook her head and gave Kylie a pointed look.

Her face was emotionless and Kylie refused to meet Araya's as she stared at her for a few more seconds before spinning around and facing Lydia. She also refused to meet Araya's gaze as she closed her eyes and tensed up.

"This is a test, Lobito. Let's see if you pass it. We're going to ask you some questions. You answer them, nobody gets hurt. You don't answer... we turn on the dial." Araya told me.

Kylie started crying out again, but I calmly met her gaze as her left hand was placed on the knob. She bit her bottom lip as I stared up at her. Why did I have to bring her? We could avoid all of this, but she wanted to come and help us and I couldn't say 'No!'. I gave Kylie a small smile as I told her something that I knew it was useful in that situation. It would still hurt her to do that, but at least, it might calm her nerves.

"Do what they say, okay? Whatever they want. I can take it."