~ chapter 22 ~

Scott and Stiles were at the Sheriff Station talking about the murders from the Deadpool.

"So, the Walcott's were the first. At least the first that we know about. Four murders. Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine. Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. And got decapitated outside his car." Stiles said.

"Does the scent tell you anything?" Argent asked me and Scott.

"Definitely a werewolf," I replied.

"But there's more. I think he was part of a pack." Scott added

"Well, if he was, they'll be looking for him." Argent told us.

"And then last night, 23-year-old Carrie Hudson," Stiles added.

"It's a dead pool. A hit list of supernatural creatures." I told the Sheriff.

"This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded." Scott added.

" Who found this list?" the Sheriff asked us.

"Lydia!" I replied with a small smile.

"How?" the Sheriff asked us then.

"She wrote it. Actually, she transcribed it. Without realizing it." Stiles told to his father.

"Banshee?"

"Banshee," I replied.

"Beautiful... All right, what are these numbers next to the names?" the Sheriff asked.

"We're getting to that. First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key." Stiles said.

"Wait. You mean, like a keyword?" the Sheriff asked curiously.

"It's actually a name," I said.

"Allison," Scott added.

His face started becoming sad and I took his hand. Then he looked at me and put on a fake smile. I knew that he wasn't okay. All of us weren't okay. We all loved Allison.

"Her name broke a third of the list," Stiles said.

"And now we think there are two other cipher keys," Scott added.

"Which will give us the rest of the names." the Sheriff said. "Okay. So how do we get the cipher keys?" he then asked.

"Same way we got the code," Stiles said.

"Lydia," Scott added.

"She's been out at the lake house all weekend trying to find the other two keywords," I added.

"You didn't know about Demarco or Carrie. Hmm? And what about these other two names on the list? Uh, Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town. Are they werewolves too?" the Sheriff asked me and Scott.

"I don't know. But Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here." Scott replied.

"Here being Beacon Hills? Or Beacon County? The population of Beacon Hills is just under 30,000." the Sheriff started.

"And dropping..." Stiles added.

"But if we're talking Beacon County, then you're looking at close to 500,000. Look, how many Werewolves, Banshees, Kitsunes and whatever the hell else is out there are we talking about? And what if the next cipher key uncovers not 12 names but 100?" the Sheriff said.