Ch 6: The Project

-Jenn-

For the rest of the week, whenever I saw Jack he always looked frustrated. I wondered why.

I tried to talk to him and say hello but he would just glance at me and look away with annoyance. What did I do wrong?

Finally my chance to talk to him came.

We were in our AP Science class when the teacher announced, "okay class. We're going to be starting a project called the Life Column. And since it's the beginning of the school year, I guess you can choose your own partners."

I got up from my chair and jumped over some backpacks to get to the back of the class. I tripped over a backpack and fell into Jack's desk. No one luckily saw, but Jack looked at me with horror in his eyes. Maybe from almost making his desk fall into him or because he was surprised that I wanted to be his partner.

I got up, out of breath. Hopefully he couldn't notice; I was already embarrassed enough.

"Hey...wanna be partners?" I said, slowly huffing.

He still had a scared expression on his face, but he managed to say yes.

"Okay class, get your partner's contact info and then I guess I can let you go early. You know whatever you guys like I don't care."

Wow, this teacher was really indecisive and carefree. I liked him, whatever his name was. He didn't tell us his name yet either.

"What are you doing?" Jack whispered furiously.

"Woah, no need to get defensive," I said as I put my hands up.

He rolled his eyes and repeated, "what are you doing? Like why did you want to be my partner?"

I looked around to see that everyone except the teacher, who was eyeing us, had left. "Let's go outside," I told he, and he reluctantly followed.

"Okay, spill. Am I the only one that you know in that class or something? Or are you trying to get me to spill my secrets so Jc can use them to bully me even worse than he already does?" He sighed and then said in a mocking admirable voice,"what is it, Princess?"

I was hurt by this. Did he not trust me or something?

"Jack calm down...I just...just wanted to be partners because I thought we were friends or something maybe...but if you don't want to be partners that's cool although I don't think we can change now." I mumbled and turned to leave.

"Jenn, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that it's just that...I don't know, I just don't trust people who are...popular. Like you. I guess you're different though, but I'm not used to people actually wanting to talk to me." He said apologetically

The bell rang. "Look, class is about to start, but here's my number," he gave me his phone number, "and we can talk about this later okay?"

I nodded and took the piece of paper with his number on it and immediately put it in my phone. Then I gave him mine and smiled at him as he left to show him I was ok after the heated conversation.

But he was right; why was I so desperate to talk to him?

Yay! An update after a bijillion years! Sorry for those of you waiting, I'm shifting between my other jackxpenn story and my slow update stories, and I've had writers block for this story -_- but yea thanks for I think 300+ reads (I'll check after I post this) and with that, I'll see you guys hopefully soon!

If you wanna find me...

Twitter: jacks_soulmate

Instagram: _geekyfangirl_ (message me for personal)

Kik: loloviolinist

Tumblr: loloviolinist

YouTube: (message me)

Also, follow me here on wattpad and maybe read my other works!