Ch 5: People like Me

-Jack-

When Jenn and I walk into the cafeteria, there are what feels like a million eyes on us, including Jc and crew's glare. It was only halfway through the first day of school, and I had gotten more attention than I had in the past three years of school.

I quickly walked over to my group of friends, aka my best friend Anthony. He has been with me through most of high school, and he is honestly the best friend I've ever had. I don't know who his best friend was in middle school, but they must have been lucky. Until they left Anthony.

"Oooh girl, you be with the populars now?" He said in his normal, sassy voice. I laugh at him. "Yea, whatever, she was just helping me 'cause her boyfriend almost made me into a rug." We both started laughing.

"C'mon, I saw you leaning on her and having a conversation. Spill. Now." He demanded, ending with a wink. I rolled my eyes. "It wasn't anything. I just asked her why she was taking interest in me all of the sudden, because she wanted me to help talk Jc out of bullying some kid, but anyways, she said that she was 'living life on her own terms' now. Whatever that's supposed to mean."

Anthony looked thoughtful at this, which was interesting. Finally, he mumbled something, more to himself, "It's about damn time."

What did that mean? "What do you mean, Tony?" He looked at me, happy all the sudden. "Nothing, bae."

I saw Andrew walking and decided to invite him to come sit with us. He shyly sat down. Anthony gave me that "what are you doing?!" look, but I ignored it.

"Hey, Andrew. I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Jack, and this is Anthony, my best friend." He smiled weakly, nodding and saying hi to Anthony.

"Hey, um...thanks for earlier," Andrew said. "It was a hard move to a new school, and I'm so afraid of bullies. They've been in my life forever I guess." I smiled at him. "And see, this is why you now are apart of our crew. We're outcasts and we've been bullied plenty of times. I'm one of Jc's favorite victims, so I'm pretty sure this won't be the last we see of him."

"Especially because you were with his girlll." Anthony just had to add. Once again, I rolled my eyes at this kid. Why didn't he realize it wasn't a big deal?

Andrew blushed a little. "You mean...that girl behind Jc?" He asked. Anthony caught onto his blush also and started laughing a little. "You do NOT have crush on her." Andrew looked off to the side. "Maybe...well I think she's pretty and she doesn't seem too bad, I don't know...but she also seems a bit...mysterious. "

Andrew had a point. Along with her beauty, she was pretty mysterious. I hadn't thought much about it, but now as I looked on today's events, everything about her was a bit off. Why she didn't want to be around Jc. Why had she had come to me. Why she wanted to save Andrew. Why she helped me. Why she had told me what she did on the way to the nurse.

This all made no sense still.

Anthony was back to his mumbling again. "More like she's a mystery rather than mysterious." Then he lightly laughed to himself. "Well Jack looks like you have competition." I took on a look of annoyance. "Anthony, how many times do I have to tell you," I paused and looked over in Jenn's direction, where she was having a makeout session with Jc. I turned back to the conversation, more quiet now, "people like me don't date people like her."

I got up and left the cafeteria.

Hi! Not much to say...so I'll see you next update!

Actually just kidding! I have another recommendation for y'all - LA by caylenscoffee. It's another jackxpenn fanfic and it's really interesting!

If you wanna find me...

Twitter: jacks_soulmate

Instagram: _geekyfangirl_ (message me for personal)

Kik: loloviolinist

Tumblr: loloviolinist

YouTube: (message me)

Also, follow me here on wattpad and maybe read my other works!