Chapter 19

Chapter 19

For the first time in weeks, Kara woke up on her own, without any nightmares plaguing her sleep. She rubbed her eyes tiredly and looked around the room. The house was dark which meant that she was asleep for a while.

Kara pushed the covers off of her and looked at the clock on Alex's desk, it was 7 pm which meant that she had been asleep for 10 hours.

She stretched her limbs and grabbed her phone before opening the door and walking down the stairs, as she walked down the stairs, she let out another yawn.

"Did someone have a good sleep?" Alex asked as she walked to the stair case when she heard her sister walking.

Kara nodded her head with a beaming smile on her face, she felt better and less sluggish, "Yes" She said softly, she noticed another person cooking in the kitchen, "Is Eliza home?"

Alex raised her eyebrow in confusion, "No... Maggie's cooking dinner"

"Maggie?" Kara asked in confusion, it took her a couple seconds for her to realise what she had seen when she had walked into the house, "Oh my Rao" she muttered as she shut her eyes while shaking her head.

Alex rolled her eyes at Kara's reaction, she wandered if Kara was too tired to remember that Maggie was staying over for a while, "Kara... you're okay with Maggie staying over, right?"

Kara nodded her head, she didn't forget the conversation that she and Alex had, "Of course" she replied, she pointed her nose in the air and smelt the foreign food that was coming from the kitchen, "What is she cooking?"

Alex cringed when she remembered Maggie offering to cook dinner, "Vegetarian Stew" she said with disgust.

Kara tilted her head in curiosity, she never tried vegetarian stew and wandered whether it was nice or not, "Sounds... healthy"

Alex nodded her head, she knew that Kara wouldn't like it, only because Kara preferred junk food, "Trust me it is" she muttered, she looked at Kara and made sure that she didn't look too tired, "you sure you're okay? No nightmares?"

Kara shook her head and started to walk towards the kitchen, "Nope" she said happily, she knew that the nightmares weren't going to stay away for that long, but she was glad that she finally got some sleep.

Before Alex could ask again, just to make sure, Kara walked into the kitchen to see Maggie scooping stew into 3 bowls.

"Hey Kara" Maggie said excitedly, she was hoping this dinner wouldn't be too awkward. This was also a good way to get to know Kara, "Sleep well?"

"Yep" Kara smiled happily, she sat down on the chair and excitedly picked up her spoon, although she waited for Maggie and Alex to sit down before she ate her food because it was good manners.

She was curious as to why Maggie was acting so excited to see her.

Alex sat down and picked up her spoon, she dipped her spoon in the stew and watched the chunks fall off of her spoon, "Why couldn't we order pizza"

Maggie shot her a glare, "Quit complaining and eat your food", Maggie looked over at Kara and watched the petite girl gulf down the food as if her life depended on it. Alex was also surprised that Kara was eating the food as if she hadn't eaten for days... which she hasn't, "See, at least Kara appreciates my food"

Kara poured herself some more stew into her own bowl, in all honesty, she didn't like the stew, but she was hungry.

"That's because she's hungry" Alex retorted as she stabbed the carrot with her spoon, "She will literally consume everything and anything that is edible"