Chapter 14

Lena waited for the limo to arrive, when it finally did arrive. The driver wasn't her brother, a part of her was pissed that Lex had sent someone to fetch her instead of coming here himself.

"Miss Luthor" The driver spoke as he opened the door for her to enter, she rolled her eyes at his formality.

The driver drove her to the hospital that her father was staying at.

When she entered the hospital, she knew something was wrong. She walked to the usual room that her father was in only to see Lex and Lillian standing there with cold eyes.

Confusion shot through her body as she watched the once beating heart monitor, remain still.

"No" She whispered quietly while shaking her head. She could feel the stares of her brother and mother as they heard her quiet mumble. This was just some cruel joke... right?

Lex was the first to make a move, he hated seeing his sister look so... defeated, "Lena" he whispered softly, his cold stare suddenly warming up as he looked at his sister's face.

This isn't happening, no, her father was going to wake up any moment. He will push those white sheets off of his body and scream at the nurse for thinking that he would die so easily.

"No" Lena whispered again, she could feel her eyes brimming with tears as she watched her brother making his way towards her.

Denial, she didn't want to believe it. It was so much easier to deny the truth, even if it was staring right back at her.

Lena felt a pair of warm arms wrap around her body, but she didn't care.

She felt cold... empty.

She could hear someone talking to her, her brother speaking, but it all sounded like gibberish to her. The only thing she could focus on was the dead corpse in the room.... Her father's dead corpse.

Lionel Luthor wasn't a good man. He could be described as a narcissistic, egotistical, pragmatic asshole who didn't care about anything but his career and business.

But to Lena, he was her father that took her in when her biological mother passed away. He took her in and displayed a type of love that he had never displayed to anyone, not even to Lex.

She knew how harsh Lionel was towards Lex, she knew how much Lex hated Lionel, but in the end, he was her father and Lex was her brother.

They were her family.

When Lillian first took her in, she despised her very existence. Lena had never felt like a true Luthor when Lillian was around. She made it her ultimate goal to make sure Lena knew she was adopted.

But Lionel always made sure that she felt like she belonged

"Lena" Lex held his sister tightly, he could feel Lena's tears dampening his suit, but he didn't care, "He died peacefully"

A part of Lena wanted to scoff, saying that he died peacefully didn't change the fact that he was dead...

Lionel Luthor. Her father. Was dead

-00-

Kara walked home with her earphones in, she couldn't stop smiling at the thought of Lena's lip pressed against hers. She opened the door, expecting to find the place empty, but instead she was met with the smell of food.

She could hear the TV in the living room, "Another Terrorist attack hits Maxwell Lord Technologies"

Kara walked into the living room to see Alex standing up, setting a variety of food out on the table, "Alex...what is all of this? Are you having friends over?" She asked as she put her bag down near the book shelf.