Chapter 3

Lena, for the rest of the day, noticed that Kara wasn't in class. She was worried about her, she didn't like the idea of Kara being alone. The idea didn't sit right with her.

Lena spent the rest of her time talking to Winn who informed her about the Nerd Club, as everyone else called it.

She knew that joining a club was a requirement for this school.

Some of the other students had tried to talk to her, asking her questions about Lex's new project, but of course due to confidentiality, she wasn't allowed to discuss any of this. It's not like she wanted to talk to these people anyway.

The only other person, besides Winn, who she wanted to talk to was Kara.

After school, Lena stayed behind to check out the different clubs that existed within the school. She and Winn stayed together, the 2 of them stuck together.

Winn didn't seem like the type of person to use her for his own personal gain, she would like to think that she could form a genuine friendship with him.

Winn gave her a tour of the school; there last destination was the oval where they saw Alex and her group stretching. She was still trying to find some resemblance that indicated that they were related. She and Winn took a seat on the bench to watch the different sports that were happening.

Winn took out his phone and started to text someone, "Are you worried about her?", Lena noticed that Winn have been fairly quiet since the events that took place in the cafeteria.

Winn finished texting and nodded his head, "I got no idea where she is, I was hoping that she would turn up in order to join my club"

Lena was confused, she had assumed that Kara was already a part of his club, she has been here longer then her, "Isn't she apart of your club already?"

Winn shook his head, he wasn't sure how much he should tell Lena about Kara. To be fair, he barely knew anything about her past, he only knew that she came from somewhere else. He assumed that Kara was Alex's long-lost sister or a family friend of some sorts.

"No, she was excused to not join a club last year. She was new and apparently she was home schooled for her whole life" Winn muttered, he wasn't sure if Kara was home schooled or not, but he did remember hearing Alex say that she had a new sister who was staying at her house to learn about how things work around here.

"She's 17 years old and she's never been in school?" Lena asked, there was no judgement, only curiosity.

Winn shook his head, "Nope, she's 16 years old. She moved up a grade because she was excelling in maths, physics, biology and art"

Lena was surprised by this, she normally didn't assume things about someone, but for some reason, she assumed that Kara was a typical teenager. She was starting to realise that Kara was anything but a 'typical' teenager, the girl had a lot of secrets and she was curious to find them out.

Winn noticed the thoughtful look that was plastered on Lena's face, "You seem to be very interested in Kara, does someone have a little crush on her?"

Lena scoffed at this, there was no doubt that she was interested in the girl, she was curious as to how a girl, who is as beautiful and radiant as the sun, held so many secrets about her past.

The ironic thing about this, was that she only met Kara today. She normally didn't take an interest in any one, but Kara was different.

Kara appeared to be closed off, she always had her earphones in and only interacted with 2 people, Winn and Alex.

When she first saw Kara on that bus, she assumed that Kara was going to ignore her very presence. But the second she touched her shoulders', a sudden warmth flowed through her veins. The nervous smile that appeared on Kara's face made her feel guilty for assuming the worst of Kara.