Chapter 5

Chapter 5

After school, Kara went to talk to Alex about what happened at assembly while Lena and Winn went into the little club room that Winn got for his club.

Lena walked into the small room that had various scientific equipment, paper scattered across the table and a pin board that was filled with articles about the meteorite that hit Smallville, almost 26 years ago.

"Interested in the meteorite?" Lena asked, everyone knew about the impact of the meteorite. Lex specifically was intrigued in the event despite being an infant at the time that it had occurred. He had told her all about the different theories and experiments on the minerals that came from the meteorites.

Winn tried his best to clean up the table, "Hell yeah" he replied enthusiastically, "There's this theory whe—"

"The meteorite that hit Smallville contained minerals that mutated the genetic DNA sequence of the human beings causing them to gain super human abilities" Lena interrupted, Winn looked up from the papers with shock. He didn't expect Lena to know about the meta-humans, most people didn't believe in it.

"You know about it?" Winn asked, he put all the papers in one pile, Lena shrugged her shoulders.

The only reason why Lena knew was because Lex had taught her about it, "Lex is obsessed with that theory"

"Really?" Winn didn't expect Lex Luthor to be interested in this, he had assumed that Lex was more so focused on creating new technology that would shock the world, "Wow, I just assumed"

"I know" Lena interrupted again, "Everyone expects or assume things about us because of our last name"

Winn felt instantly guilty at the irritated tone in her voice, "I'm sorry" he apologised, Lena wasn't directing her irritation towards Winn, just people in general.

She decided to change the topic, "So, what are these?" She asked while pointing at the pin board that had several articles and red strings.

He looked at the board and smiled, he walked over to it and explained, "These are the articles that I could find on the meta-humans"

"Meta-humans?" A familiar voice asked, Lena and Winn turned around to see Kara walking up to them with a smile on her face.

"Meta-Humans" Winn confirmed

Kara had just got back from the principal office, she waited outside for her sister who was seething with anger. She was glad to find out that Alex wasn't being punished for what had happened at assembly but what she couldn't understand was why Alex seemed so pissed. Alex told her that she needed to go to soccer training leaving Kara confused.

"What are meta-humans?" She asked while setting her bag on the table that had a pile of papers on it, "Is that another race of humans?", Winn and Lena exchanged confused looks while Kara took out the bottle of water and started to drink it.

"Another race of humans?" Winn questioned, "You almost sound like an alien" Kara started to choke on the water that she had tried to swallow.

"Me?" She pointed at herself while laughing nervously, "I'm as human as a human can get" She replied quickly, closing the lid on her bottle.

Kara and Winn were interrupted by Lena's phone ringing.

The both of them looked at Lena who picked up her phone, "Hello?" She walked outside so she didn't disturb them.

"What's that?" Kara asked as she finally noticed the pin board of articles, she walked over to it and adjusted her glasses.

"This is everything about the meteorite that hit Smallville" Winn said proudly, it wasn't easy getting articles from over 20 years ago.