Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Mother" Lena muttered under her breath, she was honestly hoping that her mother was out doing god knows what.

Kara and Winn knew how Lena felt about her step-mother, "Is that the way you greet your mother?" Lillian asked with a cocky smile.

"Hi Mom" Lena greeted with no enthusiasm. Lillian looked behind Lena and noticed 2 people standing behind her.

"Winn" Lillian said, she remembered the young boy who came with Lena to the hospital every day.

"Hi Mrs Luthor" Winn waved his hand awkwardly. He felt very uncomfortable under her stare.

"it's Miss Luthor now" Lillian replied simply, Lena had to bite her tongue to stop herself from starting an argument. "Who is this lady standing behind you?" Lillian asked, she noticed Lena holding the blonde girl's hand from behind.

Lena really didn't want Kara meeting her mother, in fact, she would prefer it if her mother and Kara never met. Kara moved from behind Lena to show herself to Lillian.

"Hi, I'm Kara" Kara put her hand out to shake Lillian's hand, but Lillian simply looked at Kara's hand and walked into the kitchen.

Kara clicked her tongue in embarrassment let her hand fall down to her side, "Does she like me?" she whispered to Lena.

Lena opened her mouth to lie, but it was hard to lie to someone who could hear her heartbeat, "I think the only person that she actually likes, is Lex" she muttered back. That did not make Kara feel better, and she couldn't help but frown at Lena's comment.

She, Winn and Kara walked into the kitchen and sat down. Kara sat in between Lena and Winn.

"Ronda" Lillian called out as she sat down on the right side of the end of the table. Lex came in and gave his mother a peck on the cheek.

"Morning mother" He said as he moved to sit at the head of the table, where Lionel used to sit.

Lena rolled her eyes when she saw the smile on her mother's face grow at the sight of her son. Ronda filled everyone's plate with Brussel sprouts, bacon and eggs.

Kara knew what bacon and egg was, but the Brussel sprout on her plate looked disgusting. She picked up her fork and started to stabbed the green thing.

"So, what are you to my daughter?" Lillian began the interrogation, she didn't even bother to be subtle about it.

Kara almost chocked on the Brussel sprout, that tasted disgusting. Lena shook her head, knowing exactly what her mother was trying and going to do, "Mum" she said firmly, trying to break the interrogation off.

"I'm asking a simple question Lena" Lillian said firmly, Kara looked at Lena and wanted to know what to say, did she say she was Lena's girlfriend? Or say that they were just friends? But that would be lying.

"Well..." Kara said nervously, "it's... She's my... I like her...We're kind of—" Kara wasn't sure how to put it into words, even though it was so simple.

"She's my girlfriend" Lena quickly interrupted, she could feel Kara's anxiety from where she was sitting. Kara shot her a grateful smile and went back to picking her food.

Lillian shot Lena a glare while Lex looked genuinely surprised, "I didn't know you were into girls" he commented.

Lena shot him a glare, "I'm not into girl's, I'm into Kara" she wasn't going to be labelled by her brother or by her mother. If she wanted to be labelled then she would label herself.

Kara was blushing at Lena's comment and tried to hide it by playing with her food.

"You don't like Brussel Sprouts?" Lillian questioned as she watched the blonde pick at her vegetables.