Chapter 16

Kara looked over at Winn who looked like he was struggling with his own demons. She was worried about Lena, but she was also worried about Winn.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly, she saw Winn snap out of his own thought. His knuckles turned white as he clenched the steering wheel.

He quickly nodded his head, "Yeah of course... I'm just worried about Lena", but that wasn't the only thing he was worried about.

Kara nodded her head, she looked at the orange sky and couldn't help but think of krypton. She remembered the orange sky that covered Krypton, it made it look like a wasteland, despite the cities and skyscrapers that covered the planet.

It wasn't always like that, it was filled with life... but that was before the planet was dying.

"It's your dad" Kara stated softly, Winn couldn't lie to her.

Winn let out a soft sigh, "Were you listening to my heartbeat?", he was never going to get used to Kara using her super powers.

"I was listening to your voice" Kara could hear the hesitation in Winn's voice over the phone. She knew that Winn was concerned with Lena, but he shouldn't bury his own problems.

"Nothing ever gets passed you, does it Danvers?" Winn asked

"Nope" Kara replied with a small smile, she looked at Winn with a soft expression, "What's wrong?"

Winn let out a soft sigh, his hand tightened around the steering wheel as he thought about his father, "My dad, he got this job opportunity to present his latest model for this new toy he was developing"

Kara wasn't familiar with the way Earth works, but to her, that sounded like a good thing, "But?" Kara asked

"His boss... he stole my father's work and now... now we have nothing" Winn muttered, "My father is a coward, he won't confront his boss"

Kara didn't know what to say, she wanted to help Winn, but she wasn't sure how to.

"So now my father is hauled up in his little workshop doing god knows what" Winn knew that his father was planning something, he just wasn't sure what, "I'm...I'm scared that his going to do something drastic"

Most people would say that Winn was being over dramatic, that someone like Winn's father, who owns a toy company, would never go mad. But Kara had seen what pain and anger can do to a person.

She knows that if they allowed their anger to overwhelm them, then they could do things that other people could never imagine.

Kara thought about what she could do, "I know your father loves you" Winn let out a sarcastic scoff escape, but Kara ignored it and continued to say, "But... if you think, for even a second that your father is... going to hurt someone. Than call me"

"You don't think I'm being over dramatic?" Winn asked, most people would believe him so, but not Kara. She was not like most people.

Kara shook her head, "Never" she whispered, she would hold Winn's hand but he was driving.

Winn felt better knowing that Kara would be there for him in a matter of seconds if he ever needed it, "So, how am I supposed to call you if you don't have a phone?"

"Well..." Kara pulled out the phone from her back pocket, "Alex got me this thing" she said. Winn was surprised that Kara actually had a phone. She was terrible with technology.

"Wow, Kara Danvers with a phone" Winn said with surprise. It was good to know that he could contact Kara now. In all honesty, he was afraid of calling Alex again.