Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Kara for the 5th time of that week, woke up from a nightmare. She clutched her chest in an attempt to slow down her breathing.

Sometimes the nightmares were the same but other times they were different. All of her nightmares had one thing in common, they were real.

She looked at her sister who was still asleep, she found comfort in finding Alex sleeping peacefully without any nightmares.

If Alex woke up from another night mare, she knew that Alex would supress her anger and comfort her. She always felt guilty for waking Alex up, why should Alex suffer from her nightmares?

A part of Kara felt guilty for Alex waking up, only for her to shut her down completely by saying, 'I don't want to talk about'. Despite being with Alex for 3 years, she still wasn't able to tell her about her dreams or her home planet.

Kara let out a shaky sigh and crawled out of bed quietly and creeped over to her desk. She looked at the clock that read it was 4 o'clock in the morning, she knew there was no point in trying to go back to sleep.

Her mind was still filled with the images of her burning planet. Flashes of her dead friends and family overwhelmed her in the darkness.

Her desk was covered with paper that had different sketches on it, majority of it was based on krypton, and different books on the human anatomy.

She opened the book she borrowed from the school library and began writing notes on it. She buried herself in her research in order to stop herself from reminiscing her nightmare.

-00—

Alex heard her alarm go off and tried to ignore it by burying her face into her pillow. But the clock was insistent, she finally gave up on ignoring the alarm and slammed her hand on the button. Luckily, she didn't have super strength or else it would've broken under her hand.

She let out an annoyed sigh as she sat up from her bed, she looked up to see Kara's bed empty again, "Why didn't you wake me up?" She asked, she knew that Kara was having nightmares and she wanted to be there for her.

Kara had her earphones in, so she didn't hear a word Alex had said instead, Kara kept on scribbling down notes in her book report.

Alex rolled her eyes at being ignored, she rolled over and grabbed her phone. She had numerous messages from Maggie who she had gotten closer to in the last 6 months.

"Hey babe, ready for the big game tonight?"

Maggie and Alex have been dating for 3 months, nobody knew about them. Alex didn't want to tell Kara because she had a lot going on, she was dealing with her nightmares while taking care of Lena whose father was still in a coma.

She messaged Maggie back, "What do you think? I'm always ready to kick some ass"

Alex turned her phone off and got out of bed, she walked up to her sister who was still writing like a mad man, "Kara", she placed her hand on her sister's shoulder in order to grab her attention. Kara pulled the earphones out and smile at her sister.

"Good Morning" Kara said happily, Alex didn't understand how Kara could be so perky in the morning, but she had to smile at the enthusiasm that was radiating off of her sister. Her smile was contagious.

"What are you doing?"

Kara gathered all the paper that she had written on and stapled it together, "My report", Alex knew what the report on and sighed. The report was basically pointless, but she had to give her sister credit for doing all of this.