The weather outside was still shit, just not as shitty as before. The last few days it has been strangely warm for January, but I guess we could thank global warming for that. Sadly, we still had a long winter before us.

Her jacket was her signature bright yellow. Mine was once black but now looked more like a faded dark blue.

I snorted.

She really was the light to all my darkness.

I walked back upstairs to my room to see Emma now sitting where I was before I left. Her hair covered most of her face. She seemed to be focused on something in her hand.

As I moved towards her the floor creaked alerting her I was back. She quickly turned towards me frowning before forcing a smile on her face.

"You okay, Em?" I asked in confusion. She quickly nodded her head as she shifted and sat on her hands.

I placed her jacket on her lap.

I slipped my jacket on as I watched her. She didn't move to put on her jacket as she sat rigidly.

"You need help?" I asked as I reached to pick her jacket up and help her put it on. She quickly stood up and put her jacket on before slipping her hands in her pockets.

I didn't question it. I walked over to my desk and grabbed her folded up cane before walking back over to her.

"Your cane?" I asked as I handed it to her. She slowly put her hand out. I placed it in her hand. She quickly unfolded her cane before walking out of the room.

I quickly followed behind her.

We got into my car. There was a long silence between us as we waited for me to start the car.

"Tell me something I don't know about you?" I asked hoping to start a conversation as I started the car and backed out of the driveway.

She turned to me.

"I know I told you I used to be in a blind and visually impaired support group, but I never told that sometimes I still go." She said casually.

I glanced off the road towards her to see her face relaxed before looking back towards the road.

"Really?" I asked. I would never have imagined.

"Yeah, I go with Ian sometimes. It's weird to think that's where I met him. He was so different back then though." She added as if she was lost in a far away memory.

I pictured Ian. I couldn't imagine him being any other way.

"How was he different?"

"Well, he was still bitter about losing his eye. And, He was kinda an ass back then too."

He is still kinda an ass now, I thought to myself.

"Tell me something I don't know about you?" She asked.

"Nothing to tell, I'm an open book," I answered simply as I drove.

She snorted.

I turned to her as I stopped at a red light.

"What?" I asked as I looked at the noticeable disbelief on her face.

"That's just a load of shit." She said with a shrug.

"Language."

"Sorry, mom." She answered sarcastically before rolling her eyes.

I tried to fight my smile but couldn't as I drove.

"I really can't think of anything to tell you," I said softly.

I felt like she knew everything that was worth knowing about me.