The Steel Doctor

Morning comes swiftly, Ahkita, Mishi, and Martha awake. Each poke out from their simple cloth covering that has been lifted up by two sticks to provide quick tents. Ahkula and Cerulean were both up. Ahkula stares far out upon the desert wasteland before them. The winds were calm now... but something eats at Ahkula, "We need to be swift."

"What makes you certain?" Cerulean glances to him.

"The winds, the have a slight gust in between regular breezes. There will be a large windstorm approaching soon." Ahkula replies.

"How long until it hits?" She inquires.

"It is hard to say. Maybe five days," he turns to her, "maybe tonight. It's too early to determine."

He starts to walk to Boyd's tent as Martha swiftly gets up and follows him in. As he turns to see who it is that followed him, she pulls down the scarf and kisses his lips softly. He looks down and completely taken aback as to what she is doing. After a moment she pulls back blushing slightly as if unsure if that was the right thing to do or not.

"What was that for?" He asks.

"I wanted to show you, how much this really means to me," She speaks softly and a bit embarrassed, "The cure for my disease. And now this for Boyd. At risk of your own life... I... no one has ever helped us. Even when our parents were killed, and Boyd was forced to help take care of me. Not even family friends came to his aid. Despite his pleas and cries. None wanted to grant us aid. But you. A total stranger."

She looks back to him, "Why did you do it?"

Ahkula looks to her for a moment and then smiles as he pulls back up the scarf, "Why indeed."

"Ah..." She starts to speak confused by his answer.

Turning back to Boyd, he picks him up and cradles him in his arms as he carefully moves out the small tent. Ahkita looks to him, but her eyes then fall to Boyd. She then shakes her head and looks back up to him. "Do you plan on carrying him all the way, my prince?"

Nodding he returns her gaze, she noticed the kiss that Martha gave, and to show her love for him as well, she steps forward, pulls the scarf down, and kisses him as well.

Mishi gawks "Hey no fair, I love him too!"

Once Ahkita pulls back, Mishi almost jumps onto him kissing him as well. Cerulean watches this proceed and chuckles, this over whelming amount of affection starts to get on Ahkula's nerves. But he doesn't vocalize this. Once Mishi is done, Cerulean walks over to him. He spots her and starts to shake his head, "No more plea-"

Before he could finish, she grips his scarf and pulls him closer then kisses him as well. For a longer amount of time than the others, she finally lets go. He looks down to her, "What is the meaning of all this?"

Cerulean smirks, "It's just a show of affection, my darling. Each of us want you. So you'll have to choose sooner or later."

Groaning he looks between the four of them, each smile to him, Cerulean gives one of determination, Ahkita gives one of a protector, Mishi gives a mischievous smirk, and Martha gives a tender grin. He sighs and then turns to walk towards the doctor's home, "this is not going to end well." 

Mishi chuckles, "Notice he hasn't asked if there was an 'all of the above' answer."

Cerulean laughs as both Ahkita and Martha still just smile, Cerulean then replies as they all follow. "That would be okay with me."

Rolling his eyes, Ahkula looks up and to the left, off in the distance was a small cliff side, however there is a man standing on top of it. The distance is too far to discern exactly what the man is wearing, but it looks like a dark grey or an off black suite and coat. After a while, the man turns and disappears down the other side of the ledge. Curiosity takes Ahkula, but a cough from Boyd returns his focus. "Someone put my coat over him."