31 - stanley uris.

hi
im
so
in
ac
ti
ve

so
rr
y.
-

i woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing. before I could grab my phone, i felt something on my chest.

for stan, - natalia

i open the letter and read it.

  dear stanley !

hi, i know you're probably resting. i know that you aren't feeling well right now. but I just wanted to tell you some excited news.. if you take it as that. your parents took the incident to court, and basically they said if they didn't want to keep you someone could adopt you. i volunteered.. so yeah. if they don't decide to keep you, i take you home. i hope that's okay for you..
    - dyer
p.s; i would love to have a gay son :)

I closed the card with a huge smile plastered on my face. adopted.. by a queer mother. no strict homophobic parents. i could come back to camp!

it feels like im living a dream. this is the best day of my life..

i can't get my hopes up yet. they might want to keep me.

i hope they don-

"hi stanley! how are you today" talia says, walking into the room cutting my deep thoughts.

"good! and I saw the letter.. i don't want to be your son. im sorry."

her smile immediately dropped. "oh, okay, that's alright."

"JUST KIDDING! i would be more than honored to be your first gay son!" i laugh at her.

"oh my god uris! you scared me there for a bit." she laughs with me.

"wanna hear my crazy life story first?"

"id love to."

-

"woah. that is pretty messed up.." natalia says sucking in her teeth, "i have this twin sister named nancy, and she works at a camp similar to yours-"

"wait. what?! she works at my camp! that's why I recognized you quickly." i realize.

"that's crazy." she giggles. "so.. show me this 'bill' dude you like so much." she smiles. "i want to hear everything."

-