excuses

"So you still have a month before the photoshoot though," Nica said as she sat on my couch talking to me about the project. I nodded seems like I spaced out. I was thinking about what happened two days ago, again.

"Yeah, they called me so early!" I complained scanning the look books. Again.

"Btw, you have to meet Forsythe today. As in later. His manager sent you the adress in your email. This is Forsythe's number." She said to me lending me a business card. I nod even though I didn't even open the email yet.

Maybe, I'll just skip this meeting today. Besides, it is mildly humiliating to be treated like shit. If he sees me, he'll probably see a desperation of me to talk to him again. It's really bad for me to see him again.

Forsythe:

Hi. Mr, Jones. I am sorry to say it this late but I am not feeling good today. Hope we can do this tomorrow. This is CL.

When Nica left, I secretly go to the pool of our condo to refresh myself. I dipped myself in the pool, feeling the coldness of the water, floating in it. It's already 9:00 pm. I can see the city lights in here, that's what I love about.

"CL," A familiar voice said to me firmly with a hint of madness and I slowly turn around knowing whose voice that.

Omg, why is he here?! Did he know that I lied? "Forsythe, why are you here?" I said panicking and not knowing what excuse to make. I decided to call him 'Forsythe' because Jughead will just bring back a lot of memories to me.

I got out of the pool wore my robe because it's freaking cold.

"I live here too. Do you think I followed you? Sick, huh." He said as he dipped himself into the water too. He's living in this condominium too? GREAT. Insert the sarcasm here. Just great.

"Uh, I just got well an hour ago, apparently. Sorry about that, Jones." I said not looking at his eyes because he'll know when a person is lying by just looking at eyes.

"I cancelled my plans for that meeting and you just cancelled it on the last minute like I don't have anything to do. I am a busy man, Lodge." He said firmly like it's my fault. Fine, it was my fault. He doesn't need to say it like I bothered him.

"YEP, I am freaking sorry for wasting your precious time. Whatever. Fuck you," I said walking away on him because now I am obviously pissed off but he held my wrist.

Idc, if I am just wearing my robe. I am going back on my condo rn. For pete's sake, I don't want him to see me crying.

"I thought you were dead," He said and he sounded like he's pissed about it and idk what's the sense of him saying that to me bc I am done.

"Do you prefer me dead?" I asked him and he just stared at me blankly.

"You can choose the date of our meetings. I owe you one, Forsthye Pendleton Jones. If you'll excuse me," I said enthusiastically to him and I fake a smile then he let loose of his hand in my wrist. I headed directly to my condo.

To Nica:

Nica, I'll break my promise. I have to go to bar, I need a drink. There's no dancing there. Yay. I'll be fine in exquisite bar for elites.

I typed the moment, I decided to drink. I change my clothes to a skirt and a tube top then my coat.

From Nica:

WTF. IT'S 1 AM.THERE'S LIKE HUNDRED OF BARS IN THE CITY. TELL ME WHERE, I'LL PICK YOU UP. IS IT JUST FOR ELITES?! SO I CAN NARROW DOWN MY SEARCH?!

She texted me back imediately. But I didn't reply anymore. I am not drunk yet, I'm fine. I just had two glasses. I can handle this.

"Reggie? Am I just hallucinating?" I said as I tried my best to see his face but I haven't wear my contacts soooooo.

"Why the hell are you here alone, Veronica?? You know what happens when you're drunk." He said too as he is shocked to see me here. Days ago, he was in Korea and now he's here.

"The question is why the freaking hell are you in NYC?" I asked as I smirked so widely. He must have a reason to fly here.

"Toni—" I cut him off because I got excited teasing him, "Omg. You flew right here in NYC for Toni. That's romantic and so effort-lish, Reg. I thought you guys broke up?" I asked super extra curious to my guy's best friend love life.

"I haven't started talking yet and now you're concluding things?" He chuckled as I punch him slightly, "Tell me."

"You tell me first," He said firmly like a overprotective brother.

"Fine. I met Jughead. He's the SUPER FAMOUS PHOTOGRAPHER I'll be working with with the project, apparently," I said no stopping.

"Fuck, man that's trajic

"Fuck, man that's trajic. How did he react?" He asked me because four years ago exactly before we mysteriously disappeared, the Mantle family went back to Korea so he also lost the connection.

"Cold and bad in a bad way, far away from the Jughead Jones I met four years ago," I said drinking another glass.

"Damn, Jones. Maybe he didn't want to remember the pain whenever he glance at you that's why he chose to treat you like that. Everyone in the town thought you were dead. And imagine that news from Jug's point of view. I don't know, it's just my conclusion." He said as he drinks another glass of alcohol.

This boy is too dramatic and his words hit me like a rock. This is what I like about him as a friend. He acts as one.

Yes, I wasn't the only hurt. I should remember that. I hurt him too. I broke up with him with lies that I told wanting to protect myself and him.

Maybe, he's right. I dumped him and left without writing a letter or what. So why am I acting like I am the one who's dumped? Maybe, I should move on like Jughead did. Should I?