saved

"V, where are you? The gang is at Pop's." Betty asked me.

I asked, "The gang?" meaning with Jughead? I heard his voice in the background.

I pretended to be sick. "Uhhh-mmm, Betty, I got a headache. Not going." It's been days since I last saw him face-to-face. Betty said he's been busy fighting beside his gang about their school because the school was mysteriously bought by someone anonymously and that man want the school gone and broken into pieces. How cruel.

The moment she said that Jughead with his gang chained theirselves in the Southside High, I wanted to immediately go there and rescue him. But my mind chose the otherwise. He'll just push me away anyway, I guess after all the things I've said. I was so insensitive that day, I realised.

"Are you okay? Should we come?" Betty asked. I said, "No, I'll be fine." I sighed.

Whether, I am the one who's avoiding him or he's not always around so I feel so lucky when he is not around. I don't know why I feel like avoiding him and nobody even notice that so I am glad.

He didn't use some favors too since then so then again, I am happy for that. It's almost three months of our contract.

Am I happy? Nooo. I just feel like something is missing, something that I am used to.

Him. His calls, demands, his smirks and his eyes. Everything???? I haven't seen that for a while now.

"You've been acting weird lately." Betty said accusingly. I just said, "Busy with Dad's case. They need my signature but I am still not sure. I doubt my own father, B."

That too, is part of what are on my mind right now. Too many problems. My mom and I fought about that too because of my doubts to my own father.

Mr. Sowerberry reassured me that they wouldn't ask any questions relating about my father's business arrangements and I am just needed there to speak to his character which can result in a lesser sentence.

Unfortunately, I still refused to testify on account of all the lives my father had ruined or will ruin.

"Everthing will be okay, V—Bye Jughead!" She said in other line. "He's leaving so early, he's been weird too. What is happening in the world??" Betty asked frustratedly to me.

I am thinking about saying sorry to him with cupcakes from NYC but I remember myself saying: I won't mind you anymore. I won't mind you anymore.I won't mind you anymore.I won't mind you anymore.

So, I should not, right?! I was thinking about what if I chase him that night the moment he walked away???

But my pride says: Veronica Lodge does not chase boys, boys chase me—my motto but it is not definitely working with Jughead. Of course, I am the one who did wrong to him.

"I guess that's life. Enjoy, brb." I just said thinking about my other problems in life.