Admit It

Regina woke up with a scream.
     "Whoa! Regina what's wrong?!" Emma asked shooting up from the bed.
     Regina looked at Emma. "It was a dream?" She asked herself.
    Emma frowned. "Regina are you alright?"
  Regina shook her head. "It was so real."
  Emma wrapped her arms around Regina. "Do you want to talk about it?"
    Regina shook her head. "No. I- I don't want to see it again."
     Emma kissed Regina's cheek and closed her eyes. "Okay." She said softly and held Regina close.
    Regina closed her eyes and gripped Emma tightly. Her heart was still hammering against her chest. By with Emma she felt safe.  
      Regina woke to Emma getting off the bed. Emma turned to her and smiled. "I didn't mean to wake you."
   "It's okay." Regina said softly. She got off the bed and looked out the window. Everything seemed the same.
    Emma walked over and hugged Regina. "Is it the dream you had?"
    Regina nodded. "It just seemed so real."
    "Well the dreams over now." Emma said softly and kissed Regina's cheek.
    Regina nodded and looked out once more. She walked to the wardrobe and grabbed an outfit to change into. Emma changed and was pulling her hair into a ponytail. Regina got changed and looked over to Emma cursing as the rubber band snapped.
    Regina laughed. "I have some for thick hair. Do you want to use mine?"
     Emma threw the broken band away. "Yes please."
  Regina smiled and grabbed one for Emma and pulled one onto her wrist. She got behind Emma and pulled the blonde locks into a pony tail.
     "There." Regina said.
   Emma turned around and placed a hand on Regina's stomach. "Have you felt it move?"
    Regina shook her head and placed her hands on top of Emma's. "Not yet."
      Emma smiled. "I'm so proud of you Regina."
   Regina smiled. "Thank you." She said softly.
       "Mom?"
Henry was at the doorway watching. "Sorry did I interrupt something?"
      Regina shook her head. "What is it sweetie? Why aren't you getting ready for school?"
    He gave her a face. "It's the first day of summer break. Duh!"   
    Regina's hand flew to her forehead. "I completely forgot!"
     "I got that." Henry said. "Jack wants me to go to the park with him. Is that okay?"
     Regina nodded. "Of course. Be back by lunch time."
     He nodded and ran down the hall. "Be careful!" Regina yelled after him.
    "I will!" Henry yelled back and was out the door.
  "You have to get to work Emma." Regina said.
      "Are you going to work today?"Emma asked.
   Regina smiled. "I'm mayor. I'm always at work. Even if I'm not in the office. I'll be working with granny. She needs to work on make up some payments."
"Okay. I'll walk you there." Emma said.
"Okay." Regina said and walked downstairs. "I have to feed lucky."
She walked to the kitchen and got some food out for the dog who waited at his bowl patiently. Regina gave him food and pet him behind the ears. "You're a good boy. I'll be back later today." She said to him and stood up.
Emma smiled. "You like him. Admit it."
"He smells." Regina said. She turned to the dog and mouthed sorry under her breath.
Emma laughed. "Come on you."
Regina took Emma's hand and they walked into the summer air. Regina felt secure and safe. For one of the first times in a long time.