Chapter 15

(Y/N's POV)

Phoenix led us to her car and opened the trunk of the pickup truck. We sat on it and Phoenix started to help us. She got a few ice packs for John and bandages for Smitty.

"So I'd like a story now." Phoenix said.

I looked at Liz but before I could say anything Liz looked like she was going to cry. She blinked and after that tears came down like rapids in a river.

I comforted her and she cried on my shoulder. Phoenix sat down next to her and rubbed her back.

"I-I c-can't be-believe he d-did that t-to me." She said between sobs.

I didn't understand for a second until I remembered. Mini was the one who was touching her inappropriately. I frowned upon that thought and sighed.

"It's ok Liz. He's not hurting you now. And I won't let it happen again." I said.

John and Smiity joined us in the hug and we stayed there for a while more. When Liz finally stopped she was asleep. I laid her down on my lap and looked at Phoenix.

I told her the whole story. She didn't seem surprised or anything else. She seemed almost emotionless. She sighed at the end of the story and looked down at Liz who was still resting.

"I wish I was faster. Than she wouldn't have been like this." Phoenix said.

"It still probably wouldn't have made a difference. If only I did something earlier we wouldn't have had anything happen to us." I said.

"I see. Well..." Phoenix said.

"(Y/N) my name is (Y/N)." I said.

"Well (Y/N) take care of her. I need to be on the road. If I see you guys again we can talk more." Phoenix said.

John picked up Liz and carried her while I let Smiity use me as a support to help him. Phoenix got in her truck and left while we went back to my car.

I let everyone in and we left to go home. It took us a bit but we made it home. I let everyone stay in my place for the night. I lead them to my room and pulled out sleeping bags for them.

John laid Liz in my bed. I allowed him to do this since she needs it. I grabbed the sleeping bags and gave them to the guys. We all set up our own sleeping bags around the room and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning bright and fucking early. Fuck my life. I hate early mornings.

I got out of the sleeping bag and up on my feet to stretch. I walked around the guys who were all over the floor.

Once I was done going around them I saw Liz. She was sitting up in my bed. Her sweater she was wearing last night was off and her black tank top was the only covering her top half.

She just sat there staring at her hands. She looked broken and lifeless. I walked over to her and sat down on the bed. She jumped not expecting anyone to be up at this hour.

"You ok?" I asked.

"I don't know." She mumbled.

I moved over to her and sat next to her with our shoulders touching. She turned her head away and I did them same. It was silent.

"I never thought something like this would ever happen to me." Liz said.

"Heh you never expect a lot of things. But even the things you don't even know are possible happens like that." I said and snapped my fingers at the last part.

We went into silence again. Liz now pressing her back against mine. She pulled her knees close to her and sat against me trying to avoid eye contact.

"You know I always felt like it was wrong of you to have a crush on some jerk like that." I said.

Liz shifted a bit.

"He was always mean to me. And so were his friends. But you didn't know. They flew under the radar everyday just to beat me up. I wanted to tell you all the stuff they did to me but...... I could never bring myself to say it because I didn't want you to really see how bad he was. I don't remember what it's like to have friends like you. They left me so fast it felt like they were just there to say hi and bye. I don't know how to properly have a good friendship with someone. No one trusts me that well." I said.

Liz turned to face me and than pulled me into a hug.

"I trust you. Your my friend after all." She said.

I let out a small laugh and smiled.

"Thanks." I said.

She let go of me and we just sat in silence.

"Do you think you will overcome this event that happened last night?" I asked.

"I'm not sure." She said.

"If you can't I'll help you. I may not be a therapist but I'll help you over come it." I said.

"Thank you. Now can we have breakfast I'm starving." She said.

I let out a laugh and got up.

"Fine let's go have some breakfast." I said.

I helped her out of bed and we went downstairs to make breakfast.