Chapter 7

(Y/N's POV)

I lay in my bed waiting. Waiting for this company to leave. My parents have been talking with this company for most of the day. I'm stuck in my room with nothing to do. Friend is on a plane that is already somewhere in another country.

Liz is busy working on a project for another class. I would call John but I didn't get his number. I ponder on if I should get up and go out for breakfast or more like lunch.

I get up and get changed into a light grey tank top, black skirt, pink and black flannel (I think), and white shoes.

Once my outfit was on I grabbed my phone and went to my balcony. I made sure not to lock it and jumped down. I walk out of the yard and into town.

The town was quiet. I walk around and find a small cafe. I mean this cafe was like a hole in the wall cafe. You couldn't find it unless you weren't looking for it. I walk inside and see it's a bit busy.

"Hello! Are you ready to be seated?" A girl probably 17 said.

"Uh yes I am." I said.

The girl guided me to a booth and I sat down.

I'll be back when you are ready to order!" She said handing me my menu.

I nodded and looked through the menu. They were still serveing breakfast so I ordered some pancakes with a side of bacon. I began to eat my food while looking through
Twiiter. Not a lot of drama going on. Yet.

I was bored so I started to look around. While looking around I thought I saw someone looking at me through the window. I ignore it and continue to eat my breakfast.

That was until a little kid climbed into my booth. He sat across from me and looked at me.

"Hi, I'm Connor!" He said.

"Well, hi there Connor." I said.

"I got lonely and you looked lonely so I came here to talk." He said.

"Don't you have someone looking after you?" I ask.

"Well, yeah? My mom went to the bathroom and my brother ran off to see his friends." He said.

"Ah I see." I said.

I finished up my breakfast and waited for this kid's mom to come back. Connor was a very talkative child but he was cute. Once she did got back she was mad at him but was relieved in seeing him safe.

"Usually people by now would have just thrown my kid across the room." She said.

"Oh it was nothing. I think he's a good kid." I said.

"That's nice. I have a question for you. Would you be interested in babysitting him. I know it's really not the time but I really need one for him. His brother is never home and the last babysitter quit. Please it would help me out so much." She said.

I mean I was in need of a job. But I most certainly won't take their money. They have people they need to care for. Me I have my parents to give me whatever.

"Sure I'd love to. I need something to do after school." I said.

"Oh that's wonderful!" She said.

I gave her my number and she texted me all the details. What Connor eats to his favorite games. She told me what school he goes to so I can pick him up.

"Wow I made a new friend and got a new babysitter this is so cool!" Connor said.

"And lastly weekends you have off. I'll text you when he needs to be babysat on weekends or on holidays." She said.

"Don't worry Mrs. Wine I got this under control. I'll have him home before 3:00 tomorrow and I'll get him started on his homework." I said.

"That will be wonderful." She said.

"Tyler! Tyler! Tyler! Tyler! " Connor said.

I watch as Connor ran over to a tall man and drag him over to us.

"Tyler this is my new babysitter!" Connor said.

I look to see it's Wildcat. Oh shit. I mentally freak out while my body is ready to give away.

"Oh... that's cool bro." He said looking me straight in the eye.

I nervously smiled trying not to show I was scared shit less. My phone buzzed allowing me to get a moment to myself. I looked to see Friend had sent me a picture. It was a picture of a sign that said 'Welcome to California.'

"Hey Bitch look where I landed." He texted.

"The fuck?!!" I said.

"I will find you Bitch. I'm on my way!" He said

I slide my phone into my pocket and take a deep breath. I relax and turn back to Mrs. Wine.

"I have to get going Mrs. Wine but I'll see you tomorrow!" I said.

I quickly paid for my food and left. I ran down the street and went to see if my parents were done with their meeting. If they were done I could easily get inside.

When I didn't see the cars in the front of my house I bolted inside. I went up to my room and grabbed my laptop. I turned it on and immediately messaged Friend. I quickly got into a call with him.

"Sneaky mother fucker. You were all in on this. You knew you were moving to California." I said.

"Yup." He said.

"Oh my goodness! You little- I- I don't know what to say. You tricked me really well." I said.

"Ha! So Gmod?" He asked.

"Uhh yeah why do you think I got on?" I asked.

"Cool I'll get a prop hunt map ready." He said.