Help... me, please. He... starts hitting... me, all... over. Help me. Stop... help... stop. S-Someone... stop, please. Someone stop him, someone help me stop him.

He stops and looks down at me. I can barely see him as I feel blood drip down my face. He's smiling but all of the sudden his face changes. He's a pile of dust in no time. I roll over coughing up blood as I do.

Thank, thank god. Whoever saved me, I owe them.

I look up to see that a fourth person has joined the fight but I can't make them out. I get up and miraculously I feel no pain.

I gotta know who they are if I wanna thank them.

I try and see by wiping blood out of my eyes but there are five vampires circling her. All of the sudden they turn and take out a vamp.

I-it-it's her. She's here, she's okay. I-I guess I didn't hurt her after all.

The four remaining vampires rush her and it's not long before they're pounding on her like a group of thugs. I look over and I see Wesley is busy with two vamps and Angel's got three of his own to deal with. Cordelia is pinned down to her desk trying not to die. I look back at the thugs pounding on her.

No! I can't let her... she can't... I won't let her. I feel something boiling inside me. It's not anger or rage. It's-it's something more. She-I-I have to do something.

I run over to help her.

She can't die. She can tell me who I really am.

I grab one of the vampires by the neck and throw him across the room.

"Get off her!"

I throw an uppercut at the vamp to my left and send him 10 feet flat on his back. I take hold of the vamp to my right and knee him in the gut. She gets up and starts attacking the remaining vampire, she makes quick work of him staking him in no time. She looks over at me.

What? What's wrong? She's looking at me like... like I dunno what.

She passes the stake to me and I stake the vamp like he wasn't even there. I run at the vamp across the room and tackle him. It doesn't take long to stake him.

What the hell am I doing?

I see a vampire coming through the door and I attack him like a mad woman, a left and a right. He's down in a matter of seconds but I don't stop there. I climb on top of him and start to pound on him.

I can't stop myself. All I can think about is how much I want him dead.

"Fuck you, you bastard! You tried to kill her... I can't believe how much you're gonna die."

John's POV

"Dave, send in the reinforcements."

This is not going well. Wait, what's she doing? She's attacking that guy.

"Hold it! Hold back on the back ups."

She keeps pounding his head in.

It-it's working, it must be working.

"Okay. That's it, we're pulling out."

"What? What the fuck are you talking about?"

"We're pulling out."

Fuck maybe Dave should be the next to disappear, he never listens to anything.

"Dave, look... It's working. The formula is working."

He looks over at Faith and then back at me.

"We still have to stop them even if it is working."

I hear two more vamps yell out as they disappear into the dust.

"How do you think the boss would feel if we went back and told him the 9th platoon has fallen? The 9th are one of the most elite teams in the order."

"Yeah and how do you think he'll feel if we tell him we failed to stop The Meeting? It's the first step in the prophecy."

"Don't you think I know that? That's not the point. If we don't fall back and regroup we'll never get another chance to stop them."

For Christ's sake I hate it when he argues with me. Fuck this!

"All right fine, you stay here and die..."

I put my fists together and hit him in the back of the head. He drops like a rock on the floor.

"I'm getting us the fuck out of here."

I call for a retreat and slowly we fall back. As we start to get away one of them bends down and checks Dave.

"Leave him."

He looks up at me.

"But sir..."

"I said leave him soldier!"

"Sir he developed the..."

"I GAVE YOU AN ORDER! Leave him!"

He gets up and follows me out the door. We start to run but no one's chasing us. Finally, after about 3 blocks I give the order to slow down.

We are knee deep in shit here people.