Chapter 50: Underneath the Fairy Lights

A/N: Well wow. That's all I can say. Wow. It's been 50 chapters, lots of late nights writing and cramps in my fingers from typing, 8 months in the works but here we are.... Chapter 50 at last! I seriously cannot thank you all enough. But enough of my nonsense babbling... it's the chapter you want to read so here you go.... thank you... and happy reading :) xx

***************************************************************************

“Look Liam I don’t know what to tell you but if it were me, well let me put it this way, this isn’t something you should really have to think about. I mean I guess you should just you know, go with your gut, trust your instinct, follow your heart, whichever cliche you choose to believe just know this… If you don’t go for custody of the baby, I can promise you this, one of us will.”

(LOUIS’ POV)

“Lou, have you seen Niall? His mum’s looking for him and no one has seen him for a while.” Nora walked over to me with a worried look in her eyes; she’d looked like that for the past hour but this time it was doubled, like the new ‘missing Niall’ situation was just another added problem to her growing list.

“Uh,” I racked my brain for a memory of where our sandy haired friend had disappeared off too earlier that night. I had had a dozen too many drinks but when you’re lonely and alone that’s just what happens.

“Come on Louis, just think!” She sat back in her hips and sighed, drumming her fingers across her stomach as she waited impatiently for my inebriated mind to recall the past few hours.

“Oh red hair!”

“What?” She looked more annoyed than before but I knew it wasn’t directed towards me.

“Nialler found an old friend that he went to school with and they went back to the hammock. But that’s all I can give you.” My head had already begun to throb and the high I got of the drinks was wearing off, my happy attitude going with it. But she just smiled and planted a kiss on my forehead. 

“You are brilliant!” Then she pulled away and took my drink from my hand as she went, spilling it into a nearby pot plant and setting the glass down on a side table, turning back and raising her eyebrows before she disappeared into the garden to find Niall and his friend.

(NIALL’S POV)

“Shhhh,” I whispered through giggles as we drunkenly ran around to the back of the house. We had left our shoes by the pool and I didn’t think I’d ever remember where I’d left my jacket or phone that night. But I held her hand closely and ducked under the tree branches that hid the hammock I knew my cousins had out back. Perfect, it was just as I had remembered it.

“Niall where are we, oh, I see now.” A huge smile split open her face and I tugged her over as we scrambled up onto the swinging hammock, scrambling over each other until we were lying comfortably side by side with her cuddled up against my chest and her head resting on my shoulder.

“How did I miss you Aria? How could I have spent all those years here and not have noticed you sooner?” She chuckled and stared up at me, making me get lost in her eyes as I struggled to keep my drooping eyes open.

“Believe me Niall, I’ve been asking myself the same thing for a very long time.” I chuckled once more, even more giggly than usual in my drunken state, but our laughing subsided once our lips met and after all these years, I think I had finally found what I had been looking for, and she had been right in front of me the whole time.

“Niall James Horan!” A shrill but easily recognized voice could be heard after a slight rummaging from the garden in front of us and we pulled away just as Nora emerged, red faced and out of breath from where the party was just beginning to die down.