Chapter 17: Feel Your Love

(NIALL’S POV)

“Nora come on we can’t run from our problems so lets head back and talk it out.” I was exhausted and out of breath after chasing her block after block but she just stared up at me her eyes unfaltering. It looked like she was about to fall but I caught her and held her close trying my best to comfort her. “Nora honey come on it’s okay, it’s okay.” I heard her take a deep breath and I looked down into her crystal blue eyes hoping to see that she had calmed down.

“Niall, I think that was the man who took me…” Oh my god… oh my god… that man… that man who broke her apart and hurt her over and over again tearing her life to shreds; that man had been sitting just feet away from us, and I would have never know any different… except that Nora remembered.

“Are you fucking serious? Nora why didn’t you tell us earlier!” I couldn’t help from lashing out at her but I honestly didn’t mean it. I was just furious and enraged at the thought of that man walking around, free from any punishment after what he’d done, and I was taking it out on her.

“Niall please I was just scared, I am scared…” Her whole body trembled as I held her closer, “I just, I just knew I recognized him from somewhere but I couldn’t place him and I kept going over and over the story in my head of what you had told me I said and whenever the part of the man came up he just fit the role perfectly, too perfectly. Then these scenes began unfolding in my head and I remembered; I remembered parts of it at least and oh Niall it was… it was… ” She broke down into quiet sobs and I hushed her and calmed her down, still trying to put out the fire that this had ignited in me.

“It’s okay Nora, he’ll pay for this I swear. That man is never going to hurt you again, not if I can do anything about it. So lets go get him… are you up for it?”

(LOUIS’ POV)

“Do you think someone should go check on them?” It had been a while since Nora and Niall had run out of the restaurant and I couldn’t help but feel concerned after I remembered seeing the familiar look of fear in Nora’s eyes when they left. I eagerly waited for someone to answer my question but a few moments later the two of them burst through the door, a crazed look in Niall’s eyes as he glanced around the restaurant. Both of them were out of breath and Nora was chasing after Niall as he pushed his way towards us.

Anne jumped up and rushed towards Nora to make sure she was okay while the rest of us swarmed around Niall taking turns questioning him and demanding answers.

He swore and swore until I had to cover his mouth to stop him from attracting too many harsh and critical stares.

“Niall come on just tell us what happened…” It was a strange feeling of déjà vu as we all stood around waiting to find out what had happened with Nora while Niall seemed unable to put it into words.

“I swear to god when I find him I’m gonna kill him I-“

“NIALL!” His head whipped up and he stopped his frightening rant, “Come on we can’t go through this again… I know she confided in you but this is serious and we need to know right now.” Zayn was still trying to get it out of him but Anne came over then and pulled Niall up to his feet as she tried to put on a brave face for us. “Niall she just told me, now please pull it together because she’s going to need each and everyone of you to take care of her after this, now wait here so that I can go call the police…” She didn’t bother to beat around the bush and her straight forward, no nonsense stance shook Niall out of his previously troubled state and he nodded while Nora bit down on her front lip trying to contain her nerves. We all rushed around grabbing coats and paying bills, Anne had gone to a quieter place to call the police and later it was decided that we would meet them at the hospital but she came back looking frightened and flustered. Harry tried to look out for his mum and did his best to comfort her; after a quick hug from him, Anne grabbed her purse from the table and took Nora by the hand making her way towards the door. Nora turned around as she got closer to the door and glanced around the restaurant once again, as if looking for someone, but who?