Chapter 34: Small Bump

• Dedicated to Lara! ♥

A/N: HELLO! I know you all probably hate me by now because this has taken so long but here it is… finally! I hope you like it and there is another competition winner from my tumblr in this chapter who will also be featured in a few other chapters later so look out for her while you're reading. I hope you enjoy it though and as always your feedback is appreciated so thank you and happy reading! :) xx

******************************************************************

My first milestone in feeling the baby move had been shared only with Liam and while that moment was amazing I was glad now that all five of them could share this with me as a family. And looking back on everything so far I felt so lucky to be able to glance across and see those five happy faces smiling back at me. 

(NORA’S POV)

It had been a few days since our meetings with management and I woke up with my arms wrapped protectively around my stomach. I rolled over, my legs a tangle in the duvet and my limbs sprawled out across the bed. But when I opened my eyes I saw an empty spot where Liam’s body had been lying just hours before. I sat up then, looking around the dimly lit room only to see him searching through his piles of clothes on the floor for the shirt he was clearly missing. I sat up, wrapping the blanket around my bony frame, as I took in his perfectly sculpted body in the hazy morning light.

“Morning stranger.” I smiled and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as he turned around to face me, a grin spreading over his face. He crawled across the bed to me and kissed me sweetly, his strong hands cupping my face as he chuckled and pulled back, studying my tired face. “You guys have another early day today?” He sat down properly on the bed, tracing the scars across my hands and sighing before flopping down on his back and pulling me down next to him. 

“I’m sorry I haven’t been around lately, you know with all the press and interviews we’ve just been really busy.” His head rested on top of mine, our fingers still wrapped together and our legs intertwined as I leant back into the soft mattress. “Don’t worry about it love, I know you guys are working and I’m fine, I just wish you wouldn’t sneak off in the mornings. You can wake me up all right? I want to see you before you go.” He planted a kiss on my cheek before sitting up and pulling his arms through the sleeves of his wrinkled plaid shirt. 

“Thank you for being so understanding. But I promise I’ll make it up to you soon, how about dinner? Tonight?” I smiled and helped him find his other shoe from under the bed, “Tonight sounds great Liam. But you should probably go now cause you know that if you’re not there the guys will never be on time for anything today.” He chuckled and agreed, reluctantly pulling away and opening his bedroom door. Usually I wouldn’t have stayed the night at his place but Louis had wanted some ‘alone time’ with Ellie so Harry had stayed with Zayn and I with Liam. 

“I’ll try not to be late again tonight but I’m pretty sure Eleanor has a day off so if you want I can walk you up to the apartment?” I took him up on his offer and walked with him, hand in hand, to the elevator before unlocking the door to the apartment I shared with the other boys. “Nora!” Louis jumped forward and hugged me lightly before grabbing a jacket, kissing Ellie quickly and rushing out the door. Harry soon darted out of his room and slipped on some shoes, saying goodbye to Eleanor and kissing me quickly on the cheek as he followed Louis down the hallway. “Bye!” Ellie and I called out to them as the waved back, Louis tripped over Harry as he tried to walk backwards, sending everyone into fits of laughter as they went off the start their day.

Ellie and I quickly got ready before hitting the streets of London with the hopes of finding her some new shoes and me some maternity clothes that weren’t from the boys wardrobe. “What about this?” She held up some simple dark blue jeans, which would’ve looked normal if it weren’t for the large elastic waistband where a zipper should have been. “No one will see the zipper if you wear it with the shirt from the other store?” I sighed and gave in, realizing that in my state I would never be able to buy the clothes I wanted. But still, I needed something to wear to the interview and this was better than my limited options back home.